PSA on Editing Posts! (Important)

“What kind of attention span do gamers have, anyway? Like ten minutes? Put a year on the posts, they’ll never hit that”

3 Likes

Daily reminder you can quote someone and then edit the quote to something different

2 Likes

Like this. 10 characters

1 Like

I just want to post an actual link, is that too much to ask?

1 Like

Really?
10 letters

3 Likes

This is… atrocious. Thanks for the heads up. Ugh. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Editing OP.

2 Likes

but at least they added tons of new features, like um… WIKI POSTS wow such a handy thing that I’m sure tons of people will use constructively this is now a wiki post make all the changes you want community

Now that I have everyone’s attention, I just wanted to point out that Rykadiel is the smartest, prettiest, coolest person on the whole entire server and that she’s both the best roleplayer and bestest PvPer. And I’m just spitballing here, but maybe it would make sense if everyone tithed 10 percent of their monthly gold income to her?

Oh, and General Hux is the best character in Star Wars. Anyway…

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself

7 Likes

Heh nice
Ten characters

1 Like

Can’t edit posts that are a year old.
Can use alts to like your own posts repeatedly or report other posts.
Alts don’t share trust level.
Trust level wears off so fast it’s not even worth trying to get.
Trust level in general.
Scrolling up in a thread with over 100+ replies to read a specific post causes it to bug out and go up several dozen posts.

And several more issues.

3 Likes

So I can no longer edit the wiki page now that an image is in there.

If someone adds an image to a wiki post, you cannot add to that post without deleting the image unless you’re Trust Level 3.

As I just discovered.

1 Like

thank you to mysterious yoda editor for protecting me from calling myself a dum dum

Oh these wacky forum rules. Such madness.

Thank you for the PSA, Shaysinn. I found this out about a month ago with my bartending post. I was so fuming that I have lessened my involvement with the forums, mostly due to being busy, disappointed, and burnt out.

I posted two threads about the edit timer which may offer more information. Please feel free to add your voices to them! The more Blizzard knows people are displeased, perhaps we can actually reverse this.

Website report section: Forum Post Edit Timer Feedback [FIXED]

Customer service: Forum Posts Unable to Be Edited After One Year [FIXED]

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!! I posted in the Website Report link.

It would be really helpful if everyone else could do the same, citing how it will effect you personally. Editing the OP with such.

2 Likes

This looks like it was just fixed today! Thanks for speaking up guys, we can get our posts back! :smiley: <3

…Now I just need to grind TL3 again because I lost it a month ago. ;_;

1 Like

I can’t believe you would say this on these forums. What’s wrong with you??

1 Like

Just wanted to pop in to say my guild post is over a year old. It’s about 13 months old now, and I’m still able to edit it. I have edited often over time, as needed, and it’s a thread that receives replies actively enough to keep it going. It’s unclear if those things play into why something over a year old may still be editable or not. Or if it’s a trust level thing :disappointed_relieved:

As of today, I’m able to edit it! Woo!

2 Likes