Forum Post Edit Timer Feedback [FIXED]

UPDATE: This is now fixed today! Good work guys, thank you so much for listening to us, web team! Much love!

Hello,

I recently discovered the intentional edit timer on forum posts that locks them from further editing after one year. Customer service said there was no way to increase it individually. Apparently the web team knew about it being in place when switching to the new forum website but we were not given prior notice.

The edit feature is not just used for typos. I relied on keeping people up-to-date every week with my RP event topic. I spent months perfecting that post and building an audience via the forums, and since there is no way to access the text and hidden code within, I have to start over entirely from scratch. I really want to stay on the forums, have a pleasant experience, and not have to migrate to another platform.

Increasing the edit timer for those with Trust Level 3 could be a viable option. I implore that the edit timer is rethought and suspect this will prove problematic for others’ guild recruitments, ads, and stories in the months to come. Having to make a new topic every year is another hoop to jump in addition to the time-consuming Trust Level 3. I would appreciate if these suggestions could be passed on to the proper people.

Thank you!

(Players, please copy and save your important posts to PC so the code and formatting is not lost after a year! Also please lend your voices to this thread if the edit timer affects you!)

3 Likes

Hey there!

I couldn’t have put it any better myself, but wanted to add to it so everyone knows this isn’t just a “small majority” being effected.

Guild recruitment posts, server coordination posts, just about anything important in a server community that has a forum post will need to be edited for over a year.

Please consider changing this.

3 Likes