PSA: new weekly Heroic dungeon quest for new Champion level gear!

It seems a lot of people don’t know about this, so I wanted to get the word out about the new weekly Heroic dungeon quest.

It’s in Valdrakken, where we used to pick up the two separate one dungeon quests for a rep of our choosing: Fighting is Its Own Reward and you pick it up from Kemora.

Alternatively, you can pick it up from the Adventure Guide. Kyzera just reminded me that this was a thing. LOL

It rewards a bunch of rep for all factions, along with the choice between these:

Just keep in mind that the gear box isn’t spec specific. So if you’re a Paladin, you could get anything for any spec.

For those that don’t understand how the new gearing system works or where this fits into the ladder, here’s a chart someone made:

11 Likes

There were posts about it before.

I was still running into a lot of people who don’t know about it. No harm in sharing good info! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I don’t know if Blizz forgot to advertise the quest, or if I just completely missed it, but I had no idea this quest was in the game until I saw a post about in the WoW subreddit.

3 Likes

And i got a ring with crit/vers yay… complete joke shouldnt even be on my loot list

To be fair, Blizz doesn’t give out specific secondary stats just because we min/max what’s best for our specs. They never have.

3 Likes

good thing I don’t need gear because even doing one heroic is too painful for me.

Not sure if I will bother with this, do not know if it’s because of the “yay I got something I didn’t need” or “my sheer excitement of well darn it’s something I didn’t need”.

They’ve been super quick and easy, though. Most tanks are doing massive chain pulls and healers don’t much have to heal. But you have to be okay with that kind of insanity. lol

fully upgraded Champion gear is 437 so… you prob still want the gear.

1 Like

I ran 5 super quick heroics and now have a 424 ilvl weapon.

Very much worth it.

1 Like

I have been in one dungeon this expansion. If I was used to doing them it wouldn’t be a big issue but learning now is too much bother.

Helpful, thank you for posting.

1 Like

Honestly, you’re not wrong. New people to these dungeons are going to get left way behind while the tank mass chain pulls the entire dungeon without stopping. So I get what you mean.

Just keep in mind that the gear box isn’t spec specific.

This article suggests that this was a bug that has been fixed. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

The tooltip doesn’t say it’s for a specific loot specialization like other chests do, so I didn’t think it was bugged. But thank you for posting the support article! That’s good to know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice chart. Helps make things much clearer.

1 Like