PSA: Looks like Vertical Sync has been turned on by default

in 9.0. Most people will have no reason to have this on. It was causing sudden massive fps drops. Turn off, all is better. (Game Menu --> System --> Graphics). This is also the cause of most of the graphics “stutter” people have been seeing.

The downside to it being off is screen tearing, which happens at anything above or below native rerfresh rates. It’s a crappy tradeoff. :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, turning this off worked for most of the people I talked to in my guild, but one (on a PC running Windows 10) with a recent wide screen (35’’, I think) LG monitor had a serious tearing problem when turning this off (it was flipped on by default on PCs as well).

We’ve been trouble shooting it the last couple of days and have fixed most of the problem, but we’re not out of the woods yet on it.

Oddly, another guildie has an even wider (38’’, I think) LG monitor and is not experiencing tearing, though he’s driving it with an RTX 2080ti (the one with the issue is using a GTX 1660), so it might be a combo of settings and video card that exacerbates the issue(s).

Yeah, I leave it turned on with both my iMac and 16" MBP otherwise the screen tearing is really apparent. 60fps is fine for me; my screens run at 60hz anyway.