PSA: Flagging is NOT the replacement for downvotes!

That is still offensive language. Offensive language doesn’t just cover curse words.

2 Likes

Shouldnt this post be in suggestion forum?

What suggestion forum?

Awww… :blue_heart:!

snuggles

1 Like

I have no idea where you’re getting that from. It’s not in the current forum CoC that I can find.

And necroing isn’t a thing on the new forums with the way they’re set up. We were even told that once. And many threads are brought back up to be further discussed.

This is an informational thread for feedback and constructive discussion on how to better deal with the flagging issues. Let’s keep it that way.

It is in the sticky - please read.

2 Likes

Never been an issue. Do you have anything to add to this thread that’s actually on topic?

Because if you want to nitpick the rules, your posts can easily fall under this:

Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters. Making non-constructive posts.

Let’s keep this on topic, please.

I just thought you would like to know the rules since that is what this thread is about, is it not? Now you know why people flag posts you don’t think they should because some people just aren’t aware of the rules.

3 Likes

I got flagged for disagreeing with you once.

1 Like

Imagine a world where if you disagree with someone, you use rational thought, and debate them, rather than personal attacks, trying to de-platform them, and in some cases, threaten violence or cause violence to those you disagree with.

2 Likes

Please show me what was wrong with the thread about guild Garrisons. I’ll wait.

Clearly some people here aren’t capable of that.

2 Likes

One can only wonder how you worded your ‘disagreement’. :scream_cat:

1 Like

We are all angels. We only ever politely disagree… it is big meanie faces that are flagging us because they don’t like people that disagree with them.

1 Like

I have no idea what you are talking about - I was talking in general terms. If there was a specific instance that you thought people were wrongly flagging a thread maybe it would be a better idea to address it there.

1 Like

Just a normal disagreement of opinions on a topic. :scream_cat:

1 Like

:angel:
It’s all true!

1 Like

And I was giving a specific example for you to tell me why something like that would be flagged. Yet you have no response. The reason this discussion is raised once more is to speak of the issues that are happening right here on our forum and how we can better address them.

Either have a constructive discussion about the issues with flagging or find another thread to have an off topic argument in, please.

I’m not going to continue this game with you.

There seriously needs to be something for this. I am sick to death of seeing any post not related to retail in GD.

3 Likes

I actually searched for that thread and I can’t see a reason but it doesn’t mean there isn’t a reason. It could be that that poster has been repeatedly posting that suggestion on numerous alts and if you hadn’t seen the first ones you would think false flags.

If there is no obvious reason, doesn’t mean there isn’t a valid reason.

Any issue with flagging is for the moderators and CM to address not us really.

Lasin was pointing out that bumping this topic when you feel like GD needs a reminder about flags vs downvoting is against the guidelines, not the other thread that got flagged. They werent even saying that this thread is bad, just that bumping it for the sake of bumping it is. Just wanted to clarify.

3 Likes