PSA- Dragon riding for alts

So I flew around last night and got all 48 glyphs, in the hopes that something I’d seen on beta was still true, and thankfully it is.

When I took my next character to the Isles today, I immediately saw all the passive dragon riding abilities unlock. So, I pulled the drake from my collections tab into my bar and mounted up just after arriving at the base camp.

I saw that I started with the normal 3 vigor, so I opened up the dragon riding skills tab to find I had all 48 points available to assign! :grinning:

So it is definitely worth taking the time initially to get all the glyphs, and I am very happy that it seems I won’t have to do it on every character.

Take care, folks.

38 Likes

Or we could have made it a special feature and given normal flying at max like it always should have been instead of jacking around the playerbase that just wanted to play the game the way they wanted to play. So tired of this kind of crap.

9 Likes

Wait, once you unlock the drake, you don’t have to do the quest again to get it on alts?

3 Likes

You can still do the quest as part of the msq, but your alts will be able to dragon ride straight off the boat :wink:

7 Likes

Change is bad grumble grumble, me only like old thing grumble grumble, life was better when no smartphone grumble grumble

That’s my impersonation of you

31 Likes

I would totally give you a Reddit award if I could but this will do.
:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

3 Likes

you got a map of them all?

3 Likes

There’s a bunch of videos on YouTube with them all, and also a handynotes extension

might just fly around and get them all to have them and be done with them

1 Like

does this make you also fly faster and longer and help your dragon at all?

Sorry to say, I haven’t made my maiden voyage to the Dragon isles yet.

does this help your dragon fly better and longer?

Yes, double the vigor, much faster recharging too. Also faster recharging when you kill something on the ground. When it is fully leveled you can basically just fly forever and maintain whatever altitude/speed you want. I was able to get every glyph in the second zone without landing just with the perks you buy with glyphs from the first zone. Having all of them makes dragonriding extremely good and easy.

3 Likes

So doing these glyphs lvls the dragon as well sweet ill be doing this at 7pm

ok so i got all 48 glyphs that mean my alts will now have them all as well?

This is the guide I used.

When you get to the isles on an alt, the dragon riding tab should appear on the minimap. Open that up and go to the skills tab, and you should have all the glyph points to spend again.

1 Like

Here’s my impersonation of fran drescher

Heheheheheehehe

finished my main to 70 then started my second and LOVE the fact all the dragon points are ready to use, as well as all 4 dragons :slight_smile: I love this method of flying to quests etc… alts will be much easier to get around/quest etc

1 Like

Thanks, I had wondered if there was a HandyNotes plugin for this. Didn’t have time to look today (work).

Checking it out tomorrow!