PSA - Don't buy from Figureprints.com

Hi All,

This is a periodic reminder to NOT purchase a 3-D printed statue of your character from Figureprints. www. figureprints. com/wow/

They are currently backlogged for 1.5 years. I ordered a print in December 2018 and have not received it. On top of that, their customer service is atrocious. They ignore most of your emails and the few times they respond, it’s with a canned “we’re working on it” message.

You can see multiple similar cases from angry customers on their Facebook page.
facebook. com/ FigurePrints

I’d say they are the Comcast of the memorabilia industry, but that would do Comcast a disservice. At least Comcast provides a working service most of the time. Find other ways to memorialize your WoW toon and save yourself $150 dollars.

5 Likes

In the FFXIV community, they use stuff like Gshade to take very high quality screenshots of their game characters.

Additionally, they tend to do a lot of community art commissions. Maybe that’s a better way to memorialize your character.

Figureprints has kind of lost its appeal over the years anyway. When they first came out they were pretty unique, so even though the prints weren’t particularly high quality their service was still interesting.

But over the past decade 3D printing has matured a lot and become much more accessible, to the point that there’s now several different sites where you can pay someone in your area with a 3D printer to print out anything (not just characters) at extremely low prices. The printed figures don’t have colors (typically they’re gray), so you’ll have to paint them, but IMO that’s a bonus. It gives you a neat little hobby thing to do, and if the figure is a gift, something you personally painted is going to mean a lot more than something that came straight out of a printer.

Actually, based on how much people pay for 2D art commissions I bet someone could make a little business out of printing and painting character figures for people.

4 Likes

What are some of these sites? I have been trying to locate a place similar to Figure Print for years. I got a few of them many years back and wanted to get an updated figure done. Today it seems their website no longer exists… no idea what happened to that company… seems impossible that they didnt have enough customers …

I’m not aware of any other companies that will take an armory link and print a figure for you, but there are a ton of sites that will 3D print whatever model you provide them (unpainted of course). Just google “3d print service”.

So what should be possible is something along the lines of:

1. Use WoWModelViewer or Blender with the right plugins to export your character model in format supported by the 3D printing sites
  2. Do some light prep work for printing (adding temporary support bits to extended limbs, weapons, etc) — there might be software that automates this, not sure
  3. Upload the model to a 3D printing site, pay for print
  4. After model arrives in mail, trim temporary supports and paint it

It’s considerably more involved than FigurePrints, but comes with the advantages of having full creative control, which means you can pose your character in ways that FigurePrints wouldn’t have allowed, adding in other models from the game as props, etc. You can also print it at whatever size you like (within reasonable limits), from toy army men size up to small statue, and when you’re finished you have the pride of being able to say that you made it.

1 Like

i 3d print all my wow characters for me and my friends, i dont do the detailed painting part since im not good at painting yet, but i have done several already and people love them, its fairly simple to do just very time consuming.

I wish we would have checked these posts before my wife ordered one for me. She ordered last year, and a few weeks ago they said they would reverse the charges within 24 hours. Yeah, right…nothing yet, and they are ignoring my requests now. Anyone with suggestions about how we can put them out of business?

thank god i read this i was going to buy one but im not going to now :slight_smile:

Question on an update: Did anyone who ordered here, actually get the print or their refund?

Hey Baorn, how would someone get the character models to prints?

I am beginning to think I am not going to recieve my squip figureprint either. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: