PRT changes for Ret Paladin

Did I missing something?

Nope, there’s nothing (yet).

no paladin changes yet.

the only thing listed is the tank hotfix which is already live.

Seems like they are quite satisfied with paladins this expac. We’ve seen very little changes at all since SL started.
That being said, I don’t see any glaring issues (for ret) besides the usual mobility problems and the lack of sustained damage which will probably not be adressed mid-expac.
Perhaps we will get some slight damage buffs later down the line.
Is there anything you guys would like to see for ret?
I have to admit the only thing I miss for my paladin is a decent transmog set. Appearance-wise SL has been very underwhleming so far.

2 Likes

So far, Pally design has been okie dokie.

If I recall, when Shadowlands started Holy had problems, but now it seems to be doing fine. Prot has definitely been okay this whole time. Ret’s been fun too.

As for transmog, I think Shadowlands has been okay in terms of the fantasy of the setting. Class-wise…eh…the Bastion set is okay for Pallies I guess. Makes you look like a Rook from Chess. And there’s some new helmet options.

Let’s see what 9.1 brings.

1 Like

Pretty sure its just because its not ready to be tested yet. They said they would be optimistic for the patch to be launched in June. So there’s a lot more to come.

Every patch since SL started has been a nerf to paladins. No way we escaping without a hit or two.

2 Likes

Most likely we’re not going to see any changes, because there really isn’t anything to change that doesn’t ultimately undermine the fact that we’re in the bottom half of the average DPS. You’re not going to see any meaningful changes to PvP talents either as only one or two contribute to our high burst, and even those don’t contribute that much, or have high activation conditions, or are short lived. Even then, they are seldom run as much PvP requires ret running their defensive/utility options to stay on their target.

Ret Paladin is staying mostly as is, and I’m curious to see what they could even take from us at this point without making substantial changes to our abilities.

1 Like

I’d like to see healing hands replaced with a talent that makes sense for a dps to have. And I’d like damage moved out of the wings and reckonings bomb combo.

1 Like

Although I was against HH in the beginning I don’t want to miss it anymore. It saved me and my mates more than once.

What I’d like to see would be an increase in our proc chances. Those measly 15% on almost anything (be it DP, Fires of Justice, Empyrean Power) is frustrating. Make it 20% or 25% and balance the damage accordingly. Emypyrean Power should also again proc of any attack.
My favourite: give EP a 10% chance to proc of any attack and just make it a baseline passive. Baseline free Divine Storms are the best!

1 Like

Healing hands is fine, you’re not a warrior. It could probably use some tuning though.

1 Like

We’ve had changes non-stop btw. As for a few niche things, I do think we need less emphasis on healing as ret is not a healer (hybrids don’t need super strong healing imo, stick with better utility but w/e).

For damage profile I think our 1min build should be stronger because of scaling issues, it’s an amazing damage profile to have and will net us a raid spot for sure if it is stronger.

I feel a lot more mobile with the divine steed conduit. 5 seconds is great. That said, I wish the despell protection was baseline instead of a PvP talent. I’m actually really happy with both of my characters (ret and UH/2H frost).

Yep, it’s a great conduit. That said, I tend to run Unbreakable Spirit instead of Cavalier, so I do not get too much out of it.

Doesn’t it also add a 30% speed boost? Would definitely be a nice addition to our base kit.