Protection Paladin spec bonuses

Voting for S1 set bonus would be the dumbest take anyone can make. You clearly play your spec wrong if you think that’s the best out of the three options provided.

S3 currently supports most defensively & offensively with the 10% dmg reduction & enhanced heal + dmg. Thereby best of the 3.

6 Likes

biggest problem here in all threads is the pvp sets are the same and you got people voting for a set just for the pvp aspect. blizz honestly needs to delete all these polls and get off their lazy butt and just make a new set for S4

2 Likes

Judgment resetting itself in S2 was the best for raiding. S1 would be the one for pushing m+. S3 is annoying that you can lose it very easy because of forced movements

1 Like

Being able to have 40-50% parry was pretty ****ing tough

Some little dot that can have you doing 500k+ on trash pulls I’ll take.

1 Like

S3 is cancer. Numerically it’s good but gameplay wise it is by far the most unfun. S1 is definitely a good middle ground, even more so if they tune it to be in line with S3 damage and defensive wise

3 Likes

Vote for :sparkles: Season One :sparkles: !!

Why?

“S1 Tier is easy to play and isn’t annoying… you don’t have to think about it…”
Sun Tzu

Season 1 :fire: :white_check_mark:

• (2) Set Bonus: Avenger’s Shield grants you and your closest ally Ally of the Light, increasing Versatility by 6% for 8 sec. So you basically have this active 24/7 anyway.

• (4) Set Bonus: Casting Hammer of the Righteous / Blessed Hammer increases your Parry by 5% for 10 sec, and extends the duration of Ally of the Light by 1.0 sec. So you basically have this active 24/7 too.

Season 2 :clown_face: :x:

• (2) Set Bonus: Avenger’s Shield causes targets struck to burn with Heartfire, dealing a very low amount of damage over 5 sec. Heartfire heals you for 100% of that very low damage it deals, so no extra healing really.
  • (4) Set Bonus: Judgment critical strikes apply Heartfire and can rarely trigger Grand Crusader.

Season 3 :clown_face: :x:

• (2) Set Bonus: Judgment grants a stack of Sanctification, reducing your damage taken by 2.0% per stack. Upon reaching 5 stacks, your next cast of Consecration is empowered, increasing its damage and healing by 200% and its radius by 30%, but you only benefit if you, friends, and enemies are inside it. Sanctification’s stacks are lost anyway after this consecration ends.

• (4) Set Bonus: While you are within an empowered Consecration, your abilities have a pretty low chance to deal 40% bonus damage or healing as Fire.

10 Likes

Which do I vote on to need consecration less?

Will you grab all your min-max friends and leave? People can vote on what they find fun. It’s a game. Tier set power can be fixed by tuning. The fun factor and mechanics are what matter.

People with your mindset and your attempt to make it contagious are the biggest problem with this game.

Edit: grammar fix

4 Likes

Season 2 tier was just bad in that in barely added any damage and added almost no defensive bonuses.

Season 1 tier is boring but fine. Even so I think its weaker than season 3 bonus.

Season 3 tier bonus is good damage, good damage reduction, and as long as you track the good consecrate it is very consistent. For everyone that dislikes the consecrate game play, I am sorry to say, but Prot Pally is probably not for you.

Biggest take away season 3 tier bonus can actually be planned around as a defensive while season 1 is just passive, I would rather take the bigger planned defensive over the weaker passive. Also screw season 2 tier its the reason why prot pallys fell off so hard in 10.1.

2 Likes

Season 3 is the only one that feels impactful. the others feel passive. there is no interaction. when I cash in my Sancs it feels good.

1 Like

season 2 tierset is garbage,useless

season 1=good
season2=garbage and useless
season3=good

people voting in season 2 are troll

2 Likes

Season 1 is the only option.

• (2) Set Bonus: Avenger’s Shield grants you and your closest ally Ally of the Light, increasing Versatility by 6% for 8 sec.

• (4) Set Bonus: Casting Hammer of the Righteous / Blessed Hammer increases your Parry by 5% for 10 sec, and extends the duration of Ally of the Light by 1.0 sec.

%5 parry is massive. it beats ANY DR and the small amount of healing you would get from any of the previous talents, and allows us to do bigger pulls with ease.

2 Likes

the 5% parry is the real sleeper here.

It won’t happen, but I was hoping S3 would win. The damage potential of it feels so good, and the passive DR is super nice. It feels like an engaging gameplay loop, even if consecration placement can be frustrating at times.

I hope they bring this concept back in a different way that doesn’t involve Consecration.

3 Likes

If folks really want season 2 then ok. Maybe they tune it so the dmg is actually insane. But who are these people who would vote for season 3 after we just suffered thru Sanguine?? Consecration is core to Prot Pally and should absolutely provide a benefit, but losing 20% DR the moment u step out ain’t it.

1 Like

Season 3 gang :muscle:

Love blasting a divine toll, shield of righteous, and an eye of tyr in wings buffed by the extra consecrate fire damage in a big pull.

2 Likes

Nah, S3 is trash. Sure it’s good numerically but the lose of freedom of movement to reposition is cancer. Maybe if we didn’t have to have so much whirly BS and annoying affixes sure but current port is annoying to play around and not fun or you just ignore the set and call it a day in a lot of m+ situations

I hate it when people are troll.

1 Like