Protection needs nerf

The spec is very over tuned. Do something about it blizz!

1 Like

Well what do you suggest be done?

nothing is ever fixed by “do something”

2 Likes

Prot has in fact been nerfed in different ways 15x during the course of this expansion, with the final nerf completely obliterating it’s healing abilities.

4 Likes

Lol coming from a mage

5 Likes

well thats obvious, reduce all damaging ability’s by 25% and all healing ability’s by 30%. maybe the class will require some skill.

1 Like

Ok so lets nerf all mage abilities by 45%-60% and remove your blood lust ability and while we are at it give every class the ability to make magical food and water.

Prot paladins had their healing nerfed already. You don’t like prot paladins probably because your tank class was refused for a paladin.

But really all of this coming from a mage yea you need a lot of nerfs before you come to here complaining.

6 Likes

all the tank specs are fairly close to each other with Wars being slightly below. If you nerfed prot they’d be quickly below all the others and would start getting dropped.

2 Likes

Prot pal is fine…

why do you think it’s over tuned?

1 Like

Probably because he does low end content where prot pallies are Gods and assumes it carries on to higher end content.

2 Likes

Just a quick browse through the top M+ teams on RIO makes it very clear that prot pallies aren’t the overtuned ones. You have to go through 6 pages of the top teams before you see ONE prot pally. 80% of the tanks on there are DK’s, 15% are DH, and the remaining 5% is spattered between monk, pally and warr.

Blizzard will never nerf Palys.

I got a fix. Just bring back old prot paladin from bfa, and there it’s fixed ! No more holy power chenanigans just make it cooldowns like it should be.

1 Like

No, go away. Holy power is good and anyone who says otherwise is just wrong.

2 Likes

Despite the nerfs, it remains as one of the best tanks in the whole expansion. I appreciate that it didn’t get special treatment like DH (9.0), Bear (9.1) and DK (9.2).

holy power is fine at best, cooldowns would be worse.

I just wish holy power wasn’t reskinned combo points. Seems like 90% of specs use combo points, wish at least some would get unique resource systems.

Prot is not over tuned. It is actually balanced right as it is and underperforming on healing.

Also this “generalized” statement needs some better reason than “it’s too good! and I can’t beat it!”

Prot takes 50% more damage in PVP still, unless I missed that change somewhere? If you can’t beat that, (cliche incoming) You need to actually improve your skill. Time you CD/s and your crowd control and stop complaining.