Prot War or Prot Paladin in RBGS?

I shelved mine when they started to trash it in SL and made it a healer. Glad you like it but it isn’t Prot anymore. It also isn’t competitive either. They lost the kit that made them competitive and fun in RBGs.

I’ve never played a healer and never will. I have played Prot for 16 years though so now there is only 1 real Prot left and that is Warrior. (Thankfully)

I’m glad you are happy but… I rather you play an actual Healer and for them to fix Prot Pal and make it Prot again.

Prot pally has been a healer since wotlk =O

why play a class you hate for so long

AntiStriker#2163 is my discord name.

Really hasn’t. It’s been a Tank and damage dealer. That is what made them so fierce.

First character was Prot Pal in TBC. I switced to Prot War when Wotlk launched and stayed with it till BFA. They trashed Prot War in BFA and I switched too Prot Pal because you could stack mastery and become a blocking god and the Tankiest spec in the game. With super fun tools and CC immunity with high damage BFA 8.3 Prot Pal was lots of fun.

In SL when Drainerx play Prot Pal as a healer in AWC abusing Steed immunity with the new conduit they removed the best thing Prot Pal had going for it. Effectively trashing Prot Pal as a viable FC. Then they decided to not let Prot Pal scale defensively anymore. Which means they don’t have the tool kit that made them Prot or competitive in RBGs.

So I sat out SL (worst expansion anyways) Fortunate though Prot War is back and can now play my old main again. If I can’t play Prot I don’t play. At least we still got Prot Warrior and while Prot Pal has fallen…Prot War has risen to it’s previous heights and feels like a mix of Wrath/WoD/Legion.

Your fierce: :muscle:

My fierce: :nail_care: :peach: :sweat_drops:

I could have easily gotten hero if I wanted last expansion, it’s still viable. There was also plenty of damage builds (even now) that could easily do 10-15 million damage a bg. You just gotta have the right information!

This should be all Tanks fierce. The fact that Prot Pal has it’s own Solo Que bracket is a testament to their poor design. Sorry but they shouldn’t be healers. Glad you like it cause you are a healer. Again rather they just fix their design though for players that enjoy Tanks.

Sorry Prot Pal lost too much of their kit that made them competitive and enjoyable. You can keep doing it though. I play Tanks/Prot to be a Tank/Prot so atm Warrior is clearly the only choice for the play style I’m looking for.

Prot Pal will not be competitive in DF and they scale terribly. Unless they reverse the block value nerfs each patch. Then let them scale like other Tanks do. So as the expansion goes on Prot Pal just gets farther behind.

Trying to make Prot Pal work isn’t fun when you can just play another spec that isn’t troubled by any of those issues and has plenty of fun builds.

The definition of what a tank should do is subjective

I assure you I’ll be elite this season

It is not.

You making it work and playing Prot as a Healer isn’t enticing. If you have to play Prot Pal as a healer you already have failed. You might be a great player and I’m sure then you can get elite. That isn’t going to make it competitive.

That’s the most boomer thing I’ve ever read lmao

Sweet.

Tank Tier list

S tier - Prot War
A tier - Bear
B tier - Prot Pal/Veng
C tier - Blood
Poor monks.

I actually know a hero brewmaster that just one shots people

throws people off the edge with that weird double charge ability

and sets up hilarious game winning haymakers

We also played at 2100ish in 2s as rogue/brewmaster.

What a hoot that was lol

Cool and I support people making low Tier specs work. I think that is awesome! Monk is still at the bottom though. I’d love for Monks to be viable and get some love. They have some interesting “Tank” design and CC.

Overall I might add they really need to work on Tank design. Really only Prot War has great design for PvP that is healthy. Tanks would get less hate if they fit in better.

it’s wholesome your tier list is based purely on how classes feel to play <3. Wish more people played like that

Actually that was based on power. That is where Tanks are when the nerfs go live.

Bear probably dropping from S tier down to A. Prot War likely move up past them. Then the other nerfs really hurt other Tanks.

Honey, power off how you play is how classes feel to you. :woman_shrugging:

I’m not basing it off how I play. I’m just giving you a Tier list in regards to power after the nerfs . :rofl: :man_facepalming:

If you disagree fine. However that is where Tanks are ranking come tomorrow. So what you choose is up to you. With that said time for my workout. I’m sure we will chat again lol.

Bear after nerfs moves down to A. Prot War got nerfed the least moves from A to S tier. Rest of Tanks got considerable nerfs that hurt their builds. It isn’t complicated.

Out of curiosity how far do you make it on the rated ladder every season lol

Yeah yeah that’s was good and I play prot pally too always hoping this season will be viable to prot but as I stated not gonna happen

1 Like

Come Tues

vs

Prot Pal was already struggling against burst even in someone’s own words. Below.

I then responded to that with.

The issues with Prot Pal is getting globaled, lack of Stun/CC protection as it’s been pointed out. After the nerfs now it will be even more prevalent since Prot Pal take 10% more damage!

Just some food for thought. If this isn’t the case after Tues I’ll gladly rescind my thoughts. The Bear and DH nerfs seem extensive. Prot War was in a great spot and continues to be better with the recent changes.

prot pally is extremely, extremely strong right now

No you don’t

That’s how you kill a prot paladin in a bg yes, everything dies in cc