Prot Paladin - Pls Help

Why do I have almost have 5000 armor with SotR up yet it feels like my armor is made of paper? Why does magic damage slap me down like my dad coming back from the bars? What is threat, how come it just decides to stop working for me so quickly? Why do I have to spec into movement and tanking ability versus damage? Why don’t I just have baseline passive tanking abilities and can choose how to balance out my threat, damage, healing, etc…

Why is holy shield not baseline? Why do I have to decide between surviving magic effects and being able to hold threat in M+ or have survivable health in raid? (Blessed hammer and Redoubt, respectively.)

Look I’ve been playing as many of the tank classes as I can. I don’t understand this at all. I have to apply so many of my talent slots to be nearly as survivable as everyone else, yet it doesn’t matter. Why can’t I have more abilities that help the raid, and my passives become more for tanking?

Look, it’s cringe. I just want to drop ashen hallow every time I use judgment or Hammer of Wrath. Give me 4 stacks of HoW. Make me immune to magic damage.

Why do I do so much damage but when a boss looks at me I go “Oh no.”

Blizzard doesn’t care about us. Give me 16 Ashen Hallows now or else!

Damn straight! Paladins together, strong!

Just play holy idiot.

1 Like

Look I really don’t know why you’re coming after me, you don’t have the full context, I feel like the world is just against me right now and you guys don’t have the full context of everything. Let’s start with this -I’m sorry. This is a first for me. I’ve never faced criticism like this before, because I’ve never made a mistake like this before. I’m surrounded by good people and believe I make good decisions, but I’m still a human being. I can be wrong. I didn’t do it for views. I get views. I did it because I thought I could make a positive ripple on the internet, not cause a monsoon of negativity. That’s never the intention. I intended to raise awareness for suicide and suicide prevention and while I thought “if this video saves just ONE life, it’ll be worth it,” I was misguided by shock and awe, as portrayed in the video. I still am. I do this sh*t every day. I’ve made a 15 minute TV show EVERY SINGLE DAY for the past 460+ days. One may understand that it’s easy to get caught up in the moment without fully weighing the possible ramifications. I’m often reminded of how big of a reach I truly have & with great power comes great responsibility… for the first time in my life I’m regretful to say I handled that power incorrectly. It won’t happen again. I love everyone. I believe in people. I’m out here.

Have you ever thought about getting good?

Aggro has never been an issue in M+, neither has survivability using blessed hammer. We have 3 silences and a stun, mobs shouldnt be getting many casts off, if at all.

I can’t tell if this is a troll post or you’re actually serious. My mind is actually boggled

2 Likes

You are like my friend who focuses on damage more then protection.

Yes you can do 4-5k dps after burst on a raid boss but if you put my prot tank in your place ill take no damage with her passive shields with 3-4k dps i find it an even trade.

I dont raid mythics anymore and usually like Mythic+. Me and my friend had tanked for each other and even with her damage I notice she is limited to how many adds she can take and if she tries to do the same big pulls that i do her health jumps way to much and dies more often that slows down a key.

I find mythic plus damage on prot doesn’t matter at higher keys unless on bosses i guess. Lets say i pull 5 packs of mobs in HOA I can hit Divine toll for a massive shield with ardent defender with out needing to consider hitting last stand or just consecrate and kite away. Do the same with a few more pulls and that is how you get a 3 key.

you two love the glory of having higher dps then your dps. Just remember dps caps out and to get more out of your dps is to pull bigger.

I’m pretty sure this is some good satire. Threat is never an issue. And I’m often self healing more then healers often. I run low keys right now, trying to learn routes and bring the io up organically. Enjoying the prot experience for sure

That was the red flag I thought. I might be tissue paper on occasion but I’ll be damned if I lose aggro!

Have you ever tried maybe saying try a different class instead of instead of insulting someone.

Dude… last night I co-tanked Daddy Denathrius heroic with a 220 vengeance dhunter. Even without wings I accidentally pulled Daddy D off of him causing half the raid to miss their soak.

Out of pure paranoia I just auto attacked until the first soak happened after that!