Prot paladin doesn't crit

It seems that protection paladin does not gain the benefit of crit from avenging wrath AND Seraphim as test by multiple tries in multiples different environments. The fact that with 8% from seraphim + 20 % from Avenging Wrath and a 9% baseline, the ratio should be close to 37 % of the hits, but is actually a mediocre 5-9% means that neither of them work and should be examined to the reason behind their disfunction. It has been very annoying for the entire expansion noticing a lack of crits on protection specialization compared to ret and accusing my luck to the matter but luck cannot take place in an analysis over months and months of playing protection this expansion. I have, for the record, hit 20 hammer of wrath ( with avenging wrath and seraphim obviously) without ever getting any of them to crit. Which is clearly such a low chance that has happenned more than once that it cannot be possible.

2 Likes

Huh. I wonder if it’s doing something weird, like taking your crit rate (9%) and increasing that by 28% (for both), which would only be around 11.5%, instead of adding an additional 28% chance to crit, for 37%.

More testing would be in order, of course, but it might not hurt to post results on the bug forum.

Do you have actual logs of this or is this just anecdotal feelycraft stuff?

2 Likes

i do, everytime i play, i can see it, 1 crit every 15 hits is bad

I just looked your logs and your Hammer of Wrath crit rate on your last raid kill:

33% Crits with Wings up:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kxgP1CtXvyd6z7wj#fight=55&type=damage-done&source=341&ability=24275&sourcebuffs=31884

9% Crits without Wings up:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kxgP1CtXvyd6z7wj#fight=55&type=damage-done&source=341&ability=24275&sourcebuffs=-31884

Looks like it’s working to me!

3 Likes

i had 40 % chance tho, and 10% base. so im under the average as always

Crit is also random and if you chart it like a normal distribution, the results are not outside the norm. Sometimes you’ll crit a lot, sometimes you don’t. But based on the log, the crit bonus is woring.

1 Like

Hahahahahh classic mortalx