Prot leveling aggro problem

I’m leveling a Paladin for my first time since Legion and it’s my first time leveling Prot. Since I’ve hit about level 30 I’m having serious trouble holding aggro. Some of my gear is lacking but I’m in all fully leveled Heirlooms save for rings. I’m not sure if this is normal because every thread I’ve found is only talking about max level aggro. Is the couple of slots of lower level gear I have (no more than 5 levels) really causing that much of a problem? Is it something to do with level scalling and how other classes ramp up vs prot? Any thoughts or insight would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Actually looking at my gear it is litterally just my rings that are underleveled. All other slots are at the same item level as my heirlooms. (I just figured out how to switch characters on the forums)

why do you care about lvling aggro? just spend a couple more hours getting to 60. Such an inane topic to bring to the forums.

1 Like

It could be the weird scaling at low levels, I’ve seen absolutely wonky stuff like a lvl 17 doing 4x the damage of the lvl 45 dps.

Make sure at least your weapon has an enchant, I believe elemental force is the one you’ll want, and get a mark of the satyr enchant on your neck. Both of those will put out some significant damage and make holding threat easier.

Make sure you’re using your big threat abilities early, I had a hard time when I was too focused on gathering mobs and not hitting them early enough. DPS will not wait for you to get threat, half the time they pull before you and they have to pop all their cooldowns on pull so they can top the all important dps meters. On my paladin I had a bad habit of forgetting to use judgement on cooldown. Always have consecrate down and between avenger’s shield, shield of the righteous, and judgement you shouldn’t have a lot of free globals.

Anyways, I hope this helps. If you want a pocket healer to do a couple low pressure dungeon runs, just shout at my druid, Dranovia. I’d be happy to do a couple runs to help out.

2 Likes