Proposal to resolve the Chaos Bolt boondoggle transfer situation

Maybe i’m off the mark, just speculating here.

It seems like in the haste of the decision making process, the fact that some players had opposite factions toons on CB and CS was overlooked. The decision was rushed out for some reason, I suspect financial, and then you realized that people were transferring toons to a server and had both factions there. You pulled the plug and called it a bug to figure out what do to. You said “go to lava lash” because multi-faction doesn’t matter on a pve server.

My solution is this: just allow cross faction grouping in instances and the open world. It’s SoD, afterall, who cares. On top of that, it’ll create some exciting roleplay opportunities. Do I attack that orc shaman who is obviously grouped with all those night elves?

Consider even allowing party flagging - if an ally player in another party attacks a horde player in my party, i can then choose to attack them.

Personally I’d have preferred my server stayed as it was, it was fine, but i’m also a results oriented person and just trying to get this show on the road. Having some people locked on CS away from their guilds is pretty awful.

You know you’ve got a dumb idea when your justification is “who cares?”

1 Like

I think cross-faction grouping mixed with classic open world pvp would be a lot of fun if some flagging changes were made, and would resolve the issue. “Who cares” is just referring to SoD’s premise of experimenting with risky ideas. Thanks for your valuable contribution.

Fun? Lol yeah ok. “You attack this orc, but now friendlies could kill you.”

Totally fun.

You acknowledged that the reason for this rushed decision had to do with money, but your proposal is going to cost them more money.

1 Like

NO. This is a retail problem/solution/dilemma. I don’t want it in Classic, even Classic parody.

1 Like

Or just walk it back and unlock the server. Might hurt their pride a bit but this situation needs to be resolved.

2 Likes

If they think a server’s pop is lower than they’d like, then they open up free transfers TO that server, not off it.

These clowns do everything backwards.

1 Like

Idk, covering up one hastily made bad decision with another bad decision is fuel to the fire. They just need to do what they should’ve done in the first place. Which is open free transfers from full servers to Chaos Bolt. Or allow Chaos bolt to transfer to all other servers.