Proposal: re-enable /follow in BGs (like in vanilla) - allow multiboxing, with limits

We do not have to rehash everything, but do not expect me to be silent on the subject just for the benefit of your preference and acceptance of the practice. It is something that I and a not insignificant number of others see as something that taints the very spirit of a MMO RPG.

These whole /follow removal was just the reaction of an angry wow executive after being gank by a MB. There is a video of him complaining in discord and then the next week it was removed with the silly excuse that it was intentionally to affect bots, when we all know that bots software use a set of pathways and not follow.

1 Like

The Blizzard executive also sent out a tweet indicating the removal prior to Blizzard support lying to the player base as to why it was removed. The Blizzard executive indicated it was because of a player named Infinilock (A Multiboxer of warlocks). The day after the tweet and after the patch with /follow removed was when Blizzard was forced to come up with a different reason for the removal to protect the Blizzard executive.

Here is the tweet:
https://twitter.com/holinka/status/309326759252336641

1 Like

I support this as well. limit the numbers but allow.

2 Likes

lmao holika deleted the tweet

LOL!!! You’re right he just deleted it! Finally after someone brought it to his attention that he looks bad he removed it. Proven case! He removed the /follow command because he personally got served by a multiboxer then Blizzard support hides this fact and tells everyone a lie. Blizzard tells everyone the /follow command was removed because of bots which is not true!

3 Likes

I think they should just admit multiboxing is bad for the game and catering to the 0.1 to the detriment of the 99.9 isn’t worth the small amount of money they getting from it.

1 Like

They need to disallow multiboxing in classic. It ruins the game, especially with things like world bosses.

All the high/full servers have 10+ mage teams that just go around a nuke people, requiring no coordination from their faction, but can simply respawn and pop a couple keybindings and nuke multiple people. Its a joke. I don’t care about world buff wipes and the typical complaints. I just simply think one player should not have that kind of power simply because they pay more money for both a sub and their computer hardware.

2 Likes

Prepared is that you my old friend. You and your 60+ accounts caused my server to lag back on old Darkspear, you sly dog you.

If you think that’s a unique case of blizzard devs making changes due to in game irritation then you may be surprised by the actual truth, they have made hundreds of changes for play time troubles regarding pvp.

1 Like

He looks great. Someone at blizzard finally posted the truth that multiboxers suck. But an honest appraisal contradicted the corporate shills lying about it so it had to go.

2 Likes