Proper Burning Blade Banners

There’s no reason to delay any longer! The totems from Highmountain prove it’s possible to have an item hung from a player’s back, and the honorable pennants provide further evidence of this. They don’t even have ridiculous cooldowns or anything.

All I ask are awesome banners that a player can wear on their back for flavor, one with the iconic burning blade sashimono shape. They exist in the game files! Mankrik wears a particularly stylish banner with a fin-like shape in Southern Barrens.

You could set it like a tabard, where the color on the flag is a color of either your guild or maybe a faction of your choosing. What a wonderful possible toy for us to enjoy and mog with! Come on Blizzard, you have the technology!

7 Likes

If we ever got this, I have the worst feeling that it would be something ridiculously dumb like a toy with a ten minute duration and one hour cooldown, because no fun allowed.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what it was. 10 minutes duration, 1 hour cooldown.

Could submit it as suggestion in-game or on the support forums, doubt the WRA forums get it much traction for devs to see.

But my personal opinion is why the hell not. The prestige banners are a lot more popular than I ever expected them to be, even on non-RP servers and in non-RP circumstances. Sadly, it probably also means most of these people will never come suggest that we get more symbols on the banners and pennants. Or maybe they already did, who knows.

But it would be a fun way to show off exalted factions you’ve reached, or support your guild. After all, a lot of people still unironically use the lion and scorpion mounts for this purpose. I could see a guild banner on your back also being appreciated by the super dedicated and proud people.

3 Likes

You should be able to advertise local businesses on your banner.

You know they’ll just delay or cancel a raid tier in exchange

1 Like

oh god I was only joking from how Blizzard nerfed the Corgi goggles, how is this real :scream:

There is one Blizzard employee whose sole job is prowling the forums looking for reasons to delay a raid tier.

1 Like

As a Blademaster Rper, yes more banners for all! Sashimono Yosh!!!

1 Like

I actually did not know you could do such a thing, you’ve granted me a very dangerous power. I do know that blizzard very recently budged on allowing shirtless transmogrification by showing off tons of people with coop no shirt mogs. I could organize such a thing with the pennants and toys already existing to show off its viability.

Does anyone know how the shirtless moggers were able to submit all those mogs that changed the devs minds?

1 Like

No idea, but maybe we can figure it out. Going to do a little bit of research when I get some free time.