Progressive itemization study

But that’s not this thread is it? It’s also not wrong.

Character and raid progression is “compromised,” as far as vanilla authenticity is concerned. As I said, though, and I’ll quote myself because you seem to keep ignoring this and arguing against a strawman:

So what is your argument, exactly, because I don’t think I understand what point you’re trying to get across.

Characters will be stronger across the board. Boss kills will be faster, raids will be cleared faster and more easily. It’s not significantly so, but it is a quantifiable fact.

And your argument is that… better gear won’t make those bosses easier? Or what?

Ones that don’t get a full clear the first week.
Ones that want to farm the raid quickly to gear up for the next raid(s).
Ones going for world/realm first.
Ones that have limited time to raid.

I’m sure I could think of a few more scenarios , but that’s just off the top of my head.

Nope, I’m American. I play on US servers.

Nothing I said had anything to do with private servers. Go away, troll.

1 Like

It’s the followup thread to this thread and also posted just before my original post.

I don’t think there’s anything not authentic about 4 second faster boss kills. You want authentic? Get a time machine and lobotomize the parts of your brain having to do with vanilla WoW. Otherwise you’re never getting tHe AuThEnTiC eXpErIeNcE.

Not arguing anything. The closest thing I can get to an argument in this thread is "it’s a waste of time to revert items back and doesn’t have any impact on raid progression because the gains are so insignificant it doesn’t affect anything substantial.

If you’re gonna wipe, you’re gonna wipe. Having 20 dps extra on everyone isn’t going to change a thing. If this game had any challenging PvE at the starter tiers, it might be different. But it’s a faceroll. Taking 4 seconds longer on a boss doesn’t make it harder. You won’t even notice it. MC/Onyxia are gonna be cleared within the first month if its 1.2 loot or 1.12 loot.

So what you’re saying is that the guild that can’t kill Nefarian is going to focus on improving clear times over…killing nefarian? lmao

Farm the raid quickly? You get a set amount of bosses per week! Doesn’t matter if you kill them in 10 hours or in 1 half hour.

World firsts were taken 14 years ago. just lmao at realm firsts. more like, who can log on firsts. when raids are cleared on the same day they’re released, it creates a long period of farming that puts players well above the gear threshold for the next tier of raiding.

What guilds form with the caveat that they only raid X amount of hours a week and X is “limited”. Oops sorry guys, took too long buffing but we used up our allotted raiding hours this week.

Speed running and “clear times” are a distinct private server affliction. They’ve drank from the cup of tism, and the only way they can keep themselves entertained while farming the same raid over and over again is to see who can run through the instance the fastest. I had the same impression as he did.

Then I’ll just stop replying to you. Easy enough, thanks.

Nothing to argue when you’re stating facts.

Then there’s nothing to argue against when saying that raid progression is compromised and it will affect raid progression. Thanks.

Except it won’t. Good to know your declarations of “ok I’ll stop posting now” means absolutely nothing.

Except it will. You even quantified how much it would, remember?

As a side remark, people don’t understand the ramifications of increased clear times. The increase in time cleared has a snowball effect.

But, it’s not just itemization, it’s talents, and tanking changes also.

You guys do know they’re not putting in items that were added in 1.10 right? Those all come with the AQ bucket.

Putting that out here, in a 4hour raid, going 5% faster is saving 12min per raid, that’s at least 1more try at a boss every week.
It isn’t game breaking but it still changes the pace of progression even for slower guilds.

Without even talking about the hardcore guilds, the more you kill bosses per week, the more you’ll outgear the current content, and be overgeared to tackle the first week of the next phase (positive gearing loop).
Hardcore guilds will have more times to set up raid alts to gear their mains, but that’s another topic.

The content is easy enough without simplifying it even more.

That being said it’s clearly too late to advocate for progressive itemization right now if they didn’t start working on it yet. Right now it’s more about knowing if we’re gonna get an even easier version of Classic or not.
It’s easy enough to set up a script to compare the itemization of different databases based on duplicates between them, but it’s more about higher up discussion to know if it’s worth the hassle since people will play anyways

I was leveling a warrior on that server at that point. Those were dark times.

Well made a /thread

4 seconds is negligible. Just like if you were to slip a piece of paper in the sole of your shoe would you be taller? yes. 0.1 millimeters taller. would anyone notice? no. your height isn’t compromised.

If only.

Guilds in the past dedicated multiple nights to an instance if they need practice. That 12 minutes isn’t going to change anything

Here’s what is going to happen. Game gets launched, Molten Core gets cleared within a month by hardcore guilds. They proceed to full clear MC every week till BWL is released. 7 months later (8 months post launch) BWL opens up and is cleared by every hardcore guild first day. It’s not going to change unless they change mechanics of bosses.

It’s really not. You’re talking about saving the equivalent of 1 or 2 frostbolts for every mage, a single white hit for MS warriors, etc.

1 Like

Well the thread has been answered, I’m not gonna take time to change your mind on things you don’t want to think about differently.
It changes things. Some people being less impacted doesn’t mean the rest of the server isn’t impacted but as you want. /shrug

4 seconds is not a change. It’s a infinitesimally small moving of the bell curve where 99% of your raids are going to be within the same deviation.

1 Like

The conditional prefacing that statement was that you weren’t arguing anything.

“(I’m) Not arguing anything.”
“Then I’ll just stop replying to you.”

Then you proceeded to argue some more. Are you so desperate for attention you have to bait me back into responding to you again, though? I mean, I don’t mind obliging you if you need it that badly.

Per boss. Not including trash. Per week. It’s not just 4 seconds once and that’s it. It’s 4 seconds per minute of boss fighting, and not all boss fights are 1 minute long, mind you.

That would depend on your current height. If you were 0.1 millimeters tall, a 0.1mm increase would be noticeable.

As I said in my first post… it’s relative. You use small numbers to downplay the significance of the change. It’s already insignificant enough. It’s only 6.67%, bud. You don’t have to be dishonest and portray it as any smaller of a change than it already is.

I already said it wasn’t gamebreaking, but it objective fact that it will affect progression.

The increase of dps on trash is pretty minimal. Trash packs die so fast that an item would have to contribute a pretty significant amount of DPS to have a noticeable change in time spent on trash.
Even on Boss fights, the change in DPS is relative on how well executable a rotation may be. It could provide an increase in the damage you do but you may not be enough DPS to down the boss faster because you still have that last cast that does an excessive amount of overkill.
You also have to factor in things like crits. If you get more dps but happen to hit that instance where you just hot the rng low crit numbers, then overall it’s not a net change. The opposite could be said too. You could hit the rng lottery with the lower DPS gear and do enough dps to down a boss faster than you would have normally with the higher theoretical dps output item.

1 Like

It won’t allow anyone who is not killing bosses to somehow kill bosses. it won’t affect progression.

But it’s not just one item. It’s several items, per character in the raid, per trash mob, per week.

There’s a lot of trash in MC, for example. A lot of it can be skipped, I suppose. Not so much in Onyxia’s Lair, but faster kills there help a lot.

Well, we’re talking about vanilla. The only two “rotations” are basically Hunters with AS/MS and Rogues with SS + SND/Evisc.

True, but crit tends to average out in terms of its contribution to your DPS.

That’s not what I said, though. Try an argument that isn’t a strawman for once.

It will. You quantified how much it would, in fact.

4 seconds is not going to make or break any raid.