Progression in Shadowlands Finally Attained

Some time ago, I was frustrated because I couldn’t collect the Shadowlands pets, beyond Bastion, because I couldn’t find my way off it. I did every quest I could find, but there was no way beyond this island.

Someone (I believe it was Chrummie) here posted the achievement to make your way through Bastion and I discovered what I did wrong: I was only doing the side quests, the non-essential, non-progression-related quests. But at last, having finally done the essential quests, I’m off Bastion and onto Maldraxxus.

Looking forward to returning to the Maw, where there are capturable pets. I hear there’s some good ones there.

ETA: I already did Bastion. (And when I tried, I wasn’t able to leave, but I discovered I was doing the side quests rather than the progression quests.)

I got through Maldraxxus, although I did see pets, I saw nothing that I didn’t find in Bastion. Perhaps I should have clicked on some to see if the backline pets might have been something new.

It’s teasing me, because I’m anxious to get to the Maw, and part of the progression in Maldraxxus is in the Maw, but it was a quick trip and saw no pets. Then after I finished Maldraxxus, I went back to Oribos, and the talked about the Maw, and they even did a ritual where they looked in the Maw, and I thought, “Good, next stop the Maw!” But no. It’s Ardenweald!

But at least I’m finding pets I don’t have there.

1 Like