Professions

Hello Fellow Evokers!

I am torn on what profession to go with for my new dragon. Do you think Leatherworking will be best? I have never been much into professions but want to start out a new class and xpac right.

I usually just go Engineering lol

Thanks guys!

I’ve mained an engineer for a very long time, it’s hard not to have the teleports and such.

I’m going to do Engineering/Mining and probably drop mining for Leather Working once I get my alts up and going in DF.

2 Likes

I’ll probably go herbs and alchemy.

Because herb farming is zen.

And alchemy is a consistent money-maker.

3 Likes

I’m going engineering/mining towards the beginning and then swapping over to engineering/enchanting when supplies lower in price

1 Like

Yeah I thought about doing Engineering but it seems like the wormhole has a 2hr cd now. And I do not appreciate that lol

I believe that if you go into a sub-category of specialization within the profession, that the timer for it could be reduced before you could use it again. Not sure if it was 2 hours initially and then reduced to an hour or unless it was 3 and then reduced to 2 if you chose that particular sub-specialization.

I’m going Engineering and mining so considering Evoker will be my main can use a lot of the utility.

1 Like

I see most of us have the same idea. I went mining and engineering, just spend the last couple days leveling classic through shadowlands on both. Just missing a couple points from world quest.

Pretty much my whole reasoning :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

1 Like

It’s not so “zen” in Dragon Isles, because of Dragon Riding. I almost exclusively ran herb/Alchemy in beta, and the bonus’ you get are cool and fun, but going from herb to herb and running out of charges to get your dragon moving again do get quite frustrating. Of course, this is much less of an issue with Dracthyr, because when you’re out of dragon riding charges you can just Soar to the next herb.

I’m probably going to go Herb/Alchemy in live too, but Skinning is probably a really good gathering profession given the sheer amount of animals that you can skin (in 1 zone at least, where you’ll probably be farming a lot for rep), and Leatherworking is good for those Mail upgrades (if you’re not running with a Guild that run heroics/mythic raids).

There are some downsides to Alchemy though, it does take an AGE to skill up (as will pretty much all of the other professions honestly). Gathering ones are quick to level up and they give you some cool benefits, and Enchanting is pretty much going to max out before 70 if you DE everything.

Probably just made the decision harder if anything :smiley: