Professions for Shaman?

Picking up my Shaman again but not sure which professions I should go for. Anyone got some tips on some professions that synergize well with the class?

If I can craft my legendary through Blacksmithing was thinking of that but havent played a crafting profession on Shaman before.

You craft leggos through leatherworking!

Alchemy is always good and so is engineering for a brez

engineering also has a portal that plops you into whichever zone you pick every 15 minutes. its amazing with the jacked up “must fly thru oharibos international for any route” nonsense

Alchemy is a good moneymaker and will say profitable the entire expansion, as is tradition.

I mean, you cannot go wrong with Engineering for any class. You get Loot-a-rang, on demand mailboxes, and an AH in Oribos.

I have always liked alchemy but it sucks that enhance cant use weapon oils because they overwrite windfury and flametongue

1 Like

And a glider cape.

And nitro boots.

Been an engi since vanilla. But my shaman is an alch, which is always a great choice.

Engineer also has…SOUL TR4P.

You can banish a mob. And pretend to be a Ghost Buster.

And then be all. “Oh that wasn’t me. I am just a shaman. Shaman don’t get banish”. And really just confuse everyone.

The battle-rez is a great addition to your toolkit from engineering.

I have saved bad dungeon group pugs before with it. During one Mueh’zala fight, I yolo’d my totem platform, threw down a portable anvil and quickly made a battle rez because I was out — then when we got ported back to the main platform, used it on the dead healer.

No other profession really has that type of utility, despite how niche that situation might have been.

I always like to be an herb/alchemist on my main, but then I always regret not being enchanting as well because of the lack of gear to DE on alts.

enchanting to make bad gear go poof. enginerding to use fun toys.