Professions! Can we make it great again!

I just played NEW World over christmas! and omg the Professions were awesome! I really liked lvling Professions in MOP and i did them all! my favorite Jewel crafting It help me to be part of the community! I was the top jewel craft every player new could come to me for cheap Gems. So much cool stuff was Strip from MOP! So many cool things that too care of your character! Cloth had seams for pants and all those things that were lost NEEDS to come back. the heart and soul of WOW professions made this game awesome! Gear needs to have Gem bonuus sockets back. Reforge needs to come back if you let this game piss RNG all over us! I refuse to do another wod of losing so much fun stuff what we had in Professions! Player lover to lvl and add stuff to gear and taking care of your toons.

1 Like

We might have a chance that they focus more on professions since they turned them into a gold sink in SL. If it gets people spending on coins; there is hope. They need to give us something to craft for the 1% players since that’s who they care about.

Well im not the top leggo crafter but people still come to me to make them :slight_smile:

Im not sure why people cry professions are crap. We have have an xpac where proffessions are intimately tied to play power, are wanted, needed and requjire some effort to make.

TBH its a greaty xpac for professions. Do they have dinky little perks? no, but they have actual playablity with the leggos and catch up gear which i make millions off.

2 Likes

wow u really dont understand the Whole game is garbafge devs pissed all over it!!

1 Like

or i disagree with your assessment.

1 Like

Yeah, don’t we wish.
My suspicion is they’re actively trying to let WOW die through apathy in system development. See: crafters marks vs. weapon crafting in 9.1.5. People have been frustrated for a year now with no resolution or even so much as tooltip updates.

I resub roughly every patch and go until I realize how horrible this game’s systems have gotten. This time, I’ve only made it a month before I realized the ABSOLUTE ONLY WAY to get competitive gear (not top-end, mind you… just decent) is through the dungeon, raid, or rated bg/arena progression systems.

The whole philosophy of gear needs to change: allow players to reach 80-90% of max gear level through MANY avenues from which they can choose. Restrict the top 10-20% for those who wish to put in the time & effort.

Give you a perfect example, devs: Elder Scrolls Online. It’s built on absolute crap code. It barely functions and is rife with performance issues. But you know why it has a higher population than WOW today? Because players can find multiple ways to gear up at least enough to join raids, pvp, or run “vet” (their version of heroic) dungeons.

INCLUSIVITY will trump WOW’s heavy-handed, restrictive play.
WOW’s current philosophy (slow them down, don’t let them play what they want whenever they want - delay delay delay - while we write next xpac) is ancient. Players are more sophisticated and so are the competitors in the market.
In other words, WOW: change or die. I don’t wanna see ya die. I like ya. We’ve been friends a long time.

But let us craft!
Let us progress in whatever avenue WE enjoy.
I’d hang out and craft my little fingers off, play the AH, get rich, and sit happy at 80% of max ilvl - as long as it was functional enough to not get 1-shot in BGs and strong enough to at least survive heroics. I don’t need Mythic+, personally. I don’t care to organize with others to raid progressively.

But I’m happy to supply those who do with stuffs! Or to be able to gear out new players so they don’t quit their free month due to frustration & confusion.

Even if we could craft 100% max gear - what’s so wrong with that?
Tell me what’s wrong with allowing casuals to purchase gear via AH so they can catch-up and THEN they can go grind reps or mythics or raids… ???

Yeah, don’t we wish.
My suspicion is they’re actively trying to let WOW die through apathy in system development. See: crafters marks vs. weapon crafting in 9.1.5. People have been frustrated for a year now with no resolution or even so much as tooltip updates.

I resub roughly every patch and go until I realize how horrible this game’s systems have gotten. This time, I’ve only made it a month before I realized the ABSOLUTE ONLY WAY to get competitive gear (not top-end, mind you… just decent) is through the dungeon, raid, or rated bg/arena progression systems.

The whole philosophy of gear needs to change: allow players to reach 80-90% of max gear level through MANY avenues from which they can choose. Restrict the top 10-20% for those who wish to put in the time & effort.

Give you a perfect example, devs: Elder Scrolls Online. It’s built on absolute crap code. It barely functions and is rife with performance issues. But you know why it has a higher population than WOW today? Because players can find multiple ways to gear up at least enough to join raids, pvp, or run “vet” (their version of heroic) dungeons.

INCLUSIVITY will trump WOW’s heavy-handed, restrictive play.
WOW’s current philosophy (slow them down, don’t let them play what they want whenever they want - delay delay delay - while we write next xpac) is ancient. Players are more sophisticated and so are the competitors in the market.
In other words, WOW: change or die. I don’t wanna see ya die. I like ya. We’ve been friends a long time.

But let us craft!
Let us progress in whatever avenue WE enjoy.
I’d hang out and craft my little fingers off, play the AH, get rich, and sit happy at 80% of max ilvl - as long as it was functional enough to not get 1-shot in BGs and strong enough to at least survive heroics. I don’t need Mythic+, personally. I don’t care to organize with others to raid progressively.

But I’m happy to supply those who do with stuffs! Or to be able to gear out new players so they don’t quit their free month due to frustration & confusion.

Even if we could craft 100% max gear - what’s so wrong with that?
Tell me what’s wrong with allowing casuals to purchase gear via AH so they can catch-up and THEN they can go grind reps or mythics or raids… ???

1 Like

and i am. This is why i dont understand the complaints. I wake up, drink my pre workout, empty my mail, post, start crafting pots, chants, leggos, lw, tailoring,blacksmith items, do gym and in between sets keep crafting, then go to work.

come home and do it again. Im enjoying myself, having fun and are rich. Its whats kept me involved in the game while waiting for the next raid to come out and doing my keys to keep my hand in.

People would raid less with no gear to chase. No carrot to draw them in.

There is… you can currently craft 1 230 pc and fill out your gear with 200 ilvl pces to walk in the door of mythic zeros, and in 9.2 i think you can craft 230 pces with 1 260 pc. That will allow fast catch up the first week to 230 ilvl which puts you within touching distance of thoise who have aotc

I think you have some great points. New World really opened my eyes to what could be done with professions, not just from a progression point of view but from a functional activity. Look at fishing in New World, its a mini-game rather than just a click.

Imagine if the actual process of crafting were to get more fun. For example, making potions or gemstones or cooking, could be a mini-game where the better you do the stronger the result is.

Imagine the auction house has “Spectral Flask of Power (+70)” for 10 gold but “Spectral Flask of Power (+72)” for 40 gold…

With weapons/armor, even something easy like the better you do in the construction mini-game the slower it breaks would be pretty easy to implement and give people a reason to spend time on their professions.

I hope that Blizzard adds some complexity back into the gameplay - I think they have been doing a good job with story and zones but I feel all the associated areas like professions could do with some serious consideration.

1 Like

So, change the carrot. Make raid gear give bonus’s that work only in raids. Likewise they could do the same for M+ dungeons and pvp allowing players to get great gear for the content they enjoy doing.

There is something wrong with shadowlands mining with that profession. it had nothing. but need new stuff smelting bars for blacksmith for weapons and armor that people needs.

shadowghast ingots