Professions are nothing more than a gold sink for all players who did not fully focus on them from day 1

There’s no way to catch up on knowledge points. Attempting to do this requires crafting items at a loss, and by the time you’ve done everything you can, you’re still behind.

Even some crafters who have a decent number of knowledge points made the mistake of choosing a spec that simply isn’t profitable, and there’s no way for them to reset their knowledge points.

Professions have become a gold mine for 10% of the playerbase and a complete nightmare for the other 90%.

56 Likes

I use my tailoring for my own personal gear , why would i need someone else to do it?

11 Likes

well technically there is a small catch up from the vendor that does the quest for orders

4 Likes

here’s a little secret for you - crafting professions are little more than a gold sink for most of the people who focused on them from day 1 as well.

28 Likes

now the BOP gears can be crafted by work order, why would anyone take the professions? for gold? that’s risky business lol

2 Likes

I mostly just use them for myself and my alts. It’s too much time and effort to try and become some kind of crafting baron.

17 Likes

I think I’ve lost the most on trying to level jewelcrafting. Huge loss on the leveling gems because they require awakened stuff to make and sell for nothing. I like some things about the new system but the multiple specializations and craft specific stats are just too much.

12 Likes

I’ve made 950k in the past 2 days from a pre-dragonflight profession. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

14 Likes

My alts do alchemy level 1 (2 hr flask duration) and a gathering profession and thats it now.

Because I can buy most crafted items cheaper than I can craft them (including rare pieces like the lariat) functionally crafting has no value to me anymore but means I get to save alot of gold expansion to expansion now

4 Likes

laughs in people who bought lariat recipe early on for 2m

Most of them probably didn’t even profit. Only guy I have seen who has profited greatly from DF professions was a guy who spec’d into wep enchants very early on and now has like 3 cash stacks.

1 Like

If you mean the “Notes” and “Drawings” items from Rabul, how is that a catch up, exactly? Everyone gets it, and you can’t get it faster than you get the rep anyway.

Is there another thing that you meant?

5 Likes

well if swap professions you can get those and use them
like i said a small catch up

Who are you racing against?

3 Likes

Why even do professions if you can’t make useful items while they are in demand? Is it a checkbox for you on your “list of things to do that don’t matter to me”?

2 Likes

I sank 40 points in chemical synthesis for alchy, which is 100% useless.

Now I’m always behind the efficency curve to make gold, in terms of mats cost.

It means the proffession is useless to me the entire expansion. I can’t make gold. I’m just undercut by people making more profit that invested in the good traits and ill never catch up.

Without enough multicraft/inspiration, its a money loss to make pots vs just selling herbs, lol. And the price drops week over week as the market barons keep skilling up.

By the same logic, I buy my own pots even as an alchy… might as well drop it for another gathering I guess.

8 Likes

Dear OP,
It is sad that they ruined the professions in this way. I used to enjoy this part of the game and had always made all the items I needed for myself when it came to raiding. Now I don’t bother. :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

Alchemy is still super powerful it multiples phial duration by 4 (to 2hrs) so you go from needing 8 for a 4hr raid to 2 (or 6 for a 3hr raid to 2 and still have an hour of duration left)

Yeah, thats right, and the in combat bonuses to potion use.

But I’m broke ):

Wish I could make 10k for clicking a button 20 times a day

For the Alchemists who knew to go directly in to Phials and didn’t waste knowledge points without knowing there was no way to reset them.

We need a reset.

I mean it was obvious there was no way to reset them, but yes I guess people could have specced into making trinkets for some reason