Problem with "Return Lost Souls from the Maw"

I have the quest, but I have been all over and none of the souls I see are able to be interacted with. I have quit game and restarted. I have abandoned quest and taken it again and nothing. The minimap arrow points to the middle of a bridge south of ve’nari, but when I go there there is nothing except a bunch of mobs that keep killing me. Help please!

1 Like

Are you looking in the cages?

You’re not seeing little white shackled ghosts (with “friendly” green name plates over their heads)? They show up on the minimap as white ghost icons as well.

It’s possible they were all being used up by other players working on the same quest.

1 Like

You can also look around for neutral mobs named Stone Prison, they also contain lost souls.

I have tried all of those. I just don’t get anything to click on…cages don’t have anything, the free ones with the thing over their head don’t and it is frustrating.

Same issue here… but the fear debuff from the beast warrens keeps killing me.

edit; So yeah, that bridge marker is just the center of the zone… look for souls through-out the Maw.

I have the same issue. Did anyone manage to resolve it?

I’m having the same issue… I can’t walk around for 2 minutes without getting feared in the beast warrens… starting to get really frustrated with it.

For the weekly quest for those you can normally do those VERY close to the drop in spot for the zone. As said above they start as the “stone prison” until you break them out then remain for X number of seconds and everyone there can loot them and then they despawn and another stone prison appears. On a Tuesday at reset on a busy server it goes fast.

Yup. Same here. I click to souls to rescue them but I don’t get credit. I also noticed that the soul keeper isn’t following me around in the Maw like what happens on my DK.

I still don’t receive credit for collecting the souls. I’ve abandoned the quest several times and retried. I also have no Eye of the jailer whatsoever while in the maw. Petitions do nothing and it hasnt been fixed yet so here I am.

Blizzard eventually looked into this issue for me and had to manually fix my character. I got an email a few days ago saying the issue is fixed and I’ve been able to do quests again. You might be having a similar problem.

1 Like