Problem with Mouseover Macro and Shadowed Unit Frames

Here’s what I’m experiencing:

I’ve got Shadowed Unit Frames currently set up for my player and target frames. (Party and raid use the default UI.)

I’m running into an issue with a mouseover macro is bound to MWD. (I assume MWU doesn’t work either, but I forgot to test.) When I mouse over the player or target and scroll the wheel, nothing happens. It works fine on the party frames and if I turn off SUF, it works fine on the default player and target frames.

The macro works fine on the SUF frames when bound to a keyboard key. So, it appears that the SUF frames are eating the mousewheel scroll input, much like I’d expect with mouse button assignments. (But, as noted, the default UI doesn’t eat mousewheel scroll input.)

The questions:
Is this just a limitation of SUF? Am I missing some setting somewhere? Is this not normal SUF behavior and I’ve got some UI corruption happening? Is there a workaround? (The default UI’s click casting won’t let me assign MWU/MWD, which was the first workaround I thought of.)

1 Like

Try Clique

1 Like

Either going with Clique or trying some different frames is the backup plan. It just felt like such a weird issue that I want to rule out something fixable on my end with SUF.

I haven’t been able to replicate any problems with mouseover macros on mouse wheel up/down on suf

1 Like

What’s the specific macro you’re having trouble with?

1 Like

Thanks for this. Knowing that it’s not the expected behavior has led me to some more testing, and I’ve figured out what is causing the issue. (And since it’s not a SUF specific issue, you saved me the time of configuring another unit frame addon just to discover I still had the issue.)

It’s a “quirk” of the default UI.

The issue is that for whatever reason, MWU and MWD don’t work for mouseover macro keybinds on a unit frame that is not placed on the rendered game world. (Again, keyboard binds work fine.) I’m using a viewport mod at the bottom of my screen and had my SUF frames there. Moving them off the viewport (or turning it off) lets the SUF frames work normally. More importantly, moving any of the default frames (player, party, ect.) onto the viewport area causes the MWU/MWD to not work on them either. (My layout with the default frames has them above the viewport, which is why I didn’t catch the problem yesterday.)

I still haven’t decided how I’m going to work around this, but at least I know what I’m dealing with so I know my options. (Turn off the viewport, move the frames, see if Clique can work around it, ect.)

Thanks for the help, everyone!

1 Like

Hmm wonder if I can duplicate that in ElvUI, I also use a viewport.
[added]
Busted with MWD using ElvUI + SunnArt; Works using keyboard keybinds.