Problem on Deathwing Spine in DS

I’ve soloed this before but today the spine part wasn’t working for me at all. I’ve rounded up 9 corrupted blood and killed them near the armor plate, then killed a tentacle to spawn hideous amalgamation. But for some reason, they seems to self destruct after collecting 8, and I have not been able to get any to reach 9 needed for nuclear explosion.

Did the encounter get bugged or what? I didn’t have any kind of damage shield and I didn’t use any attack after I killed the tentacle to spawn amalgamation. I thought it was strange what used to be easy for me just last week is now causing me to fail constantly and wiped due to timer.

Well i did it on 7 toons this week and finally got the mount from last boss and i did not had any problem with the spine boss . Everything worked the way it should be ,maybe u had item that spawns mobs or something like that .

I’ve had one or two blow themselves up trying to get over one of the holes they spawn out of, but never (including this week) have I seen all of them go at once with no input on my part.

Did you recently change a talen/azerite trait or something?

Gratz! :heart:

I have tried this raid ten times and the spine is still broken after the first plate is gone it flips me off randomly making me restart or the bloods stop spawning or dont move at all there needs to be a thing set up for if you fail enough you skip that part or away to just skip it because of how broken it is

You triggered his roll mechanic and you were not tethered to him. When you trigger the roll mechanic, you have 5 seconds (10 if solo) to either run to the other side so it triggers the mechanic again, or get into one of the holes that the tentacles were in and wait for those 10 seconds. He doesn’t stop his roll cast because you are damaging a plate.

There is an enormous difference between something being “broken” and a player simply not doing the fight correctly.

I was running left to right and it went from saying I was on his right and he was rolling left

1 Like

I know what to do and there is a difference in being able to do it and not being able to

Clearly you were not able to do it. The fight isn’t broken, you just didn’t do it correctly.

I did it correctly

1 Like

If you had done it correctly he wouldn’t have rolled…

All you need to do is kill all but one tentacle and sit tethered in an open wound while after for a couple minutes as bloods build up. He will roll a bunch of times but you’ll be safe. When you have enough bloods run just to the other side of center and kill bloods. Kill the tentacle and start the left/right dance as the amalgamation chases you and soaks up bloods.

It’s way easier than trying to juke roll for the whole fight

1 Like