Probably time to roll back the class changes, Rets and ferals way too high on expected DPS

Wish my guild more have more UH DK’s, then I can go back to frost.

Edit: Can’t grammar, tired.

I used 90 parse as a reference point and its tens of thousands of logs

TAJ is not responsible for the current metric

in a few weeks, it may be, and the gap will grow even wider

Ret has 0 business getting buffed with the game as it currently is

Zirene was right when he said the arbitrary buffs to ret was an “exception” to the rule. Cant have anything to do with the senior producer playing ret, can it?

[quote=“Scarletpimp-arugal, post:997, topic:1662257”]
Nah. Ret has two major power spikes - TAJ and Tier set. It pulls ahead significantly with these but then plateaus out. Warrior has much better general stat scaling
[/quote]

through ToC ret and warrior scaled very similarly

ret scales harder from shadowmourne, and TAJ and T10 give ret more than any amount of armor pen gives warrior

Ret was totally fine in phase 4 but if a lead dev plays it, maybe it deserves a buff eh?

Realistically, why change the meta? Rets were about as popular as fury, and paladins were significantly more popular that warrior (paladin most parsed, warrior least parsed) so why on earth buff paladins? It makes no sense outside of partiality.

This is irrelevant.

If prot warriors were getting brought 2 per raid instead of paladins you wouldn’t think it was fair to loop Fury into that and say “Warriors are the most played class” even though fury is typically only brought 1 per raid, like ret. So don’t loop ret in with Holy and Prot and then pretend like it matters, it does not.

3 Likes

I play a Destro warlock, I want buffs too. Give me 50% more damage when the boss is below 99%.

For real though, why worry about what other classes get or aren’t getting? Are you in a top 10 guild and they told you to go kick rocks? Based on your paladin’s parses I doubt that.

People told me I couldn’t be a prot paladin in Classic Vanilla (still do on the HC forums!) and I tanked all of MC/ZG/BWL without a problem and have been doing H raids on my warlock as Destro since the end of Ulduar.

Just perform better than your peers and nobody will care what you play.

2 Likes

No, it doesn’t. Not one bit. And you don’t understand what he said either.

One day you’ll grow up and learn to actually read.

Today is not that day.

Ret pallies in the top ranks on single target bosses like Saurfang already lmao

I love playing a pure dps class that didn’t get any buffs in the rerelease and seeing buffed rets, ferals, and hunters destroying me!

It happened, Blizzard, they’re competitive with the top specs in the game, time to re-examine the huge buff they received.

There are almost more ret paladins than rogues as a class. Rogue is looking to be the least played class in the game in a tier where they were historically very strong, partially as a consequence of buffing utility powerhouses like ret and feral to also do more damage than pure dps.

Cause of TaJ, yes, when a class gains a legendary like benefit from a random drop this happens.

It has nothing to do with scaling or even the buff. It has everything to do with TaJ.

It’ll pass.

Rets had a huge power spike early on in ToC as well that absolutely no one talked about cause we suddenly had a good libram and our 2 set was amazing.

They already said they aren’t making any more balance adjustments during wotlk, unless it is to buff a class role that is being left out completely.

shaman is complete trash, and this guy wants warriors to go from 3 to 1 lol.

1 Like

lmao did they say that before or after nerfing and unnerfing feral again?

After. In the interview they claimed they reversed it because they didn’t think the buff was a big enough deal essentially.

I get the very strong feeling that if there is enough community pressure - especially from Youtube streamers with a big enough following, they tend to review these decisions. It’s not like anything they have said is cut in stone exactly.

For myself I’m just enjoying the phase and taking a wait and see approach to whether or not there’s anything egregious enough to complain about re balance. It’s early in the phase and I am taking current logs and predictions with a grain of salt.

Nope, rogue was the least brought class.

Na. U-DK does.

Lmao, of course you of all people would say that.

Cuz it’s the truth. You even play original Wrath? or this version? Or are you just super upset…that I WAS RIGHT and RDF DID come out along with ICC and S8. So…kinda proves that…I did play Wrath back than and play it now and you dont.

And also…There is currently nothing that is rated top DPS at 100% of everything. Who tops DPS in H is not going to be topping it in 25 raid and they wont be the same as the top of a BG and then that one will be different from 5s, 3s and 2s. AND even in raids, different layouts of your spec, your rotation, your glyphs, your gems and enchants, your skill level…yea that all makes a massive difference.

But na. You’re one of those people that seriously thinks that there truly is an FoTM that is best at everything. If that is the case, we should see the same exact class and spec on top of every aspect of the game in both PvP and PvE…but we don’t.

Orc U-DK does great with it. I did that on my old orc DK. You’re probably one of those people who ninja looted Illidan glaives to use on your rogue cuz it looks cool when it does best on a warrior… you are certainly one of those type of people. You dont play Wrath now, you didnt back then. Your lack of knowledge about this expansion shines through tremendously to every single one of us who actually did play Wrath back in the day. You seem like one of those people who just came into WoW during mid BFA I’m willing to bet.

It’s definitely Ret that benefits the most from Shadowmourne.

And it’s solely because of TAJ.

Dual Wield Havocs Call Unholy is beating Shadowmourne DK on sim, I am assuming it has to be a bug, but not so bugged that it would be worth more than what ret or warrior would gain.

I’ll let ya know when I finish mine in a few weeks.

This version of wrath is not the same as the old version we played.

Na. Best, most skilled player who know what to do, when to it and how in raids is the one to give it to. That is the person who will maximize the DPS.

World first 10k+ DPS sustained, not in burst, was done by a Death Knight. Back so many years ago.

Good lord, you have absolutely no grasp on… anything.

The rest of your post is just baseless personal attacks. Good on ya for bringing absolutely nothing to the conversation :smiley:

1 Like

No. That was not a rhetoric. I am honestly asking that. Did you actually play in original Wrath, or play Wrath right now? You had zero clue when RDF came out and kept saying it came out as soon as Wrath launched last time. I had to tell you multiple times along with others that it didn’t, and not you keep showing even more that you seem not to know as much as you claim that you do. Not personal insults when they are facts and legitimate questions.

Edit. You’re just a forum troll and have been muted. You did once say to me that as soon as you got your RDF in, that you would stop posting on that toon here. Now all you do is still spam the forums and insult and pick fights with anyone who say something about the game that you do not understand. You seem to understand very little about this game, so arguments with you happen a lot.

You say that you played original Wrath. I’m willing to bet that perhaps that is a family shared account and one of your family members played during Wrath, while you did not. how else would you have claimed to have, and yet spam asked the forums for months on end demanding RDF be put into the game from day one of Wraths launch. There is no way at all that you EVER played during original Wrath with how very little you know about it. Are you going to get mad when Cata launches and start spamming the forums saying “What, Deathwing killed me by flying overhead. That never happened last time around in cata”…Yea you did also say incorrect things about Wraths prelaunch event as well. So like yea, you are muted. Im talking to someone who did not even play the game back in the past and very clearly does not play it now. Thats why you dont post on the EU forums which is the region in which you actually play because you know people can just easily click your toon over there and see that you don’t even play the game this version or that one.

And one of your friends got on me for posting on this toon right here… they said post on a Wrath toon… um… This toon has achievement points showing AND has the tabard of flame. Both things that you can only get from playing Wrath, no other version of WoW can you do that in… More proof you don’t get the game and how it works.

Achieves first came out into WoW as an addon in original TBC and they did not ever show up on the forums and other players could not see them in game either. They simply flashed across the screen and you could link them as you got them.

Yes and yes and I’ve answered this repeatedly so you’re just gonna make the same idiotic baseless claim the next thread over.

Are we really gonna do this again?

This is a lie. A flat out lie.

Cause this is a flat out lie.

Cause you made up something I said in your head. A lie. It never happened. You’re making crap up, lying about it, and feeling superior cause of a lie you’ve made up in your own head.

Yes they are cause they’re outright lies.

If you’re not outright lying the onus is on you to prove where the hell I said RDF came out at the start of Wrath OG.

You can’t cause I’m pretty consistent about this junk and you’re not.