Private Housing

Could there be anything more pointless than set your housing in “private”?
What are you hiding? An amphetamine lab?
I want to see your houses!

5 Likes

Where’s yours? I’m coming over. :slight_smile:

1 Like

33 Somber Hearth Refuge - Wisconsin

Nobody can edit/steal your stuff, so I also don’t see the point, but I also respect that people not only want to lock their front door, but they want to knock me off my flying mount if I soar over their property too slowly.

Ok, maybe that last security control should be taken away – it’s annoying as hell. Letting people lock their front door, or restrict who can get in is fine.

4 Likes

It takes longer to kick in than it takes to fly over a plot, and I think it doesn’t apply if you’re above a certain altitude.

My yard is freely available complete with a tent for squatters. Let me lay on the floor of my rooms like a weirdo in peace.

1 Like

I don’t get private setting on housing. A majority that I try to visit are locked. Doesn’t make any sense to me. I enjoy seeing how interesting other interiors are; especially because I’m not that creative and it gives me ideas for my house.

19 Mouring Dredge Isle (don’t know how to see or choose a specific instance)

1 Like

It’s just giving players a choice when it comes to their house.

The best method right now to go look at houses is to open up the group finder tool and go to custom groups, then look for groups that are doing housing tours.

When you’re in a group with someone, you can right click their name and select “view houses”. Once you choose which of their houses you want to go to, it will teleport you there.

3 Likes

maybe they just dont want strangers in their house.
to each their own.

3 Likes

Sure, it’s exasperating, irritating, and frustrating to those of us who are housing enthusiasts. Especially when they join FFA groups. But it’s their $15/mo, they can do as they please, and they don’t have to give the rest of us a reason. Why do we keep coming here and harping on this topic? Respectfully… move on, people.

Note: No, my house in not locked down; it’s open 24/7 to everyone. BUT. Mine is fully decorated. I suspect most who lock down their houses have done little to nothing inside or out, and many are a bit embarrassed and certainly have no desire to be judged by others. Sometimes it’s purely out of a desire for privacy. Both are common cases in my own guild neighborhood. We just let them be.

4 Likes

in my case its open to my guild and friends

People like you are the reason why I lock my house. Just cos it’s an MMO doesn’t mean you get automated access. Maybe…just maybe…some people want a place to hang out in peace to chill without being bugged and invaded by others.

3 Likes

I am hiding my unfinished Amani cannibal cabin until after 12.1 and I can do my Amani endeavor.

2 Likes

You have cannibals in your house?…I’m impressed. I have Murlocs trying to steal all the food in mine ROFL

I am a highly refined descendant of trolls. I have fine dining in the main house. Butchery in the cabin out back. Next to the wine cellar.

1 Like

I’m not a Troll (obviously) but my Dining Room is Troll themed (cos I have a Shaman) and there are Murlocs and Raptors tryin to steal the BBQ ribs and Roast pig on a spit…I am at a loss…sigh

I don’t know. I’d find it a little jarring to come home from a busy day of adventuring and find a bunch of gnomes partying in my hot tub room.

Shoo, shoo, scram before I start punting your backsides! Where’s me private button in this house?

2 Likes

(author deleted by post)

1 Like

(deleted and redacted author and post)

1 Like

Mine is locked because I have only just now started making the first few interior rooms. There’s really not much for anyone to look at yet. It’s a slow project for me and I’ve slowly collected the decor I want over the spring and summer months.

My outside garden is open and finished though. That I worked on sporadically for three or four months.

1 Like