Priests need more shadowform appearance options and an update to PW:S

With all the customization improvements blizzard has been making recently, I’d really like to see shadow priests get a pass. I love the lore and theme of priests but the appearance of shadowform (even glyphed) is a bit overwhelming to the point that I don’t play my priest as much as I’d like, it’s basically like playing a purple blob. I’m not suggesting they remove shadowform by any means but it is largely symbolic at this point and only offers a flat spell damage buff so in my opinion they should either:

1. offer more glyphs that change the appearance of shadowform (one that eliminates it almost entirely and maybe a sha form)
    or
  2. make the flat 10% spell damage buff from shadowform a passive effect for shadow priests and make shadowform a cosmetic spell you can toggle on or off at will (like druid’s treant form).

I’d also like to see an update to power word: shield since it looks absolutely terrible and is probably the most oudated-looking player spell animation in the game. They could even offer a more thematically appropriate option for shadow.

Thoughts?

14 Likes

I am enjoying my lil priest here, I find the class to be complex and interesting. But the shadow form appearance is rather silly. It covers my character without making her look any more menacing or scary. I like the idea of bringing forward some new glyphs or toggle appearances in the barber shop with some new ideas of what a shadow priests shadow form could look like. Maybe it has nothing to do with shadow farts surrounding them but gives them a unique model aesthetic like shadowy eyes or tentacles, maybe the shadows twist our physical forms in some way. Maybe we could choose to have no shadow form appearance if we wanted to show case our character instead.

Void creatures have those neat wings and floating void looking runes that float above them slightly. Maybe take some inspiration from those and make it “shadowy”. Wings are a fun aesthetic I think a lot of people enjoy.

What if shadow form was long wisps of dark shadow wrapping itself around our characters like a snake slithering around. Wrapping around our wrists and torsos so like when we cast it looks like we are actually harnessing this energy. I think that would look so cool, especially when levitating!

We could use that shadow energy wrapped around us to burst away from us and it turn into a dark shield to protect us instead of a light bubble.

More options would be very welcome! :hugs:

5 Likes

Yeah that would be cool. I’d also like to see the shadow orbs and shadowy ravens come back, maybe as a glyph replacement for shadow form, although I suppose the latter is doubtful considering Thaumaturgist’s Orb exists.

3 Likes

BRING BACK OLD SHADOWFORM!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE throws everyone off a cliff while foaming at the mouth! (glyph is fine)

4 Likes

I would love to see more glyphs to either show your character or have less shadowy effects! I always thought of this while playing my priest, it sucks just playing as a big ball of purple clouds- even with the glyph to reduce the effects. I like the ideas you guys have said so far, maybe they could do like a shadowy aura ? (More like an outline) or perhaps a glyph similar to how you looked with nzoth corruption, it could make you have slight void-like lines all over your skin that pulse/glow periodically.

2 Likes

Like the new covenant weapon enchants?

I’d like that.

1 Like

At this point I think Blizzard bailed on the idea of giving priests any sort of glyph, how long has it been again ?

I’d dig a few more shadow form options. The blob look isn’t bad, especially since I can mog around it, but more options never hurt. Maybe different colors via glyphs or whatever, like a “Light form” or “Necrotic form” (gold/sickly green respectively) would be fun.

But yeah, the glyph that “reduces” the effects of shadow form just makes it look… I dunno, weird. Every time I get the idea to use it because I want a clearer view of my mog, I go right back to Shadowy Friends.

And orbs/ravens would be a fun thing to have back, even if it’s entirely cosmetic at this point. Maybe one orb/raven per 30 Insanity, since we’re probably going to be keeping the resource for the rest of time?

I agree.

Shadowform should be removed.

And then change the name of “Voidform” to “Shadowform”.

Then everyone would be happy.

Nope, not everyone.
Shadowform is cool. I’d rather have a glyph that just disables the visual effect.

But I agree I would just rename Voidform to Dark Archangel or Dark Apotheosis something like that.