Priest Self Dispelling Sheep Instantly

Maybe he had a dot on him which keep breaking the poly?
Could have been a paladin instead of a priest with blessing of sacrifice on someone.
Someone else may have been dispelling him.

That’s hilarious.

I hope it was something like this.

The priest was able to get from the IBGY choke to Bal both times, but I do remember he would just die from being burnt down when more oom. Still seemed a bit over powered.

A priest can spam dispel and unless there’s something to dispel he doesn’t actually cast. So you could have it such that I’m just spamming my dispel button, when I know something like sheep or slows are coming at me. Now because of batching, your debuff might land at the same time I cast dispel.

Unfortunate side effect of batching, but maybe you should just kill him rather than sheeping. He was level 53 lol.

1 Like

I mean, I’m not trying to sheep a target to pet it. It works really well as a ranged stunned for opponents running away if you didn’t know!

A priest has no speed ability, mages have blink. Since he wasn’t mounted you should be just fine to run parallel with him and cast fire blast twice.

In case you didn’t know!

I’m impressed that he nullified 90% of your abilities. Mages have a lot of tools at their disposal to kill level 53 priests. In case you didn’t know!

1 Like

I mean, I did post that we killed him.

Twice.

He was mounted, thus the initial polys to dismount. After that it wasn’t so easy.

Ya, Priest can heal. Even at level 53

Using Imp CS usually makes it so they can’t heal

Also not many level 53s can survive a Fire Mage poly break combo.

No video of this? I’d prefer to lift my eye muscles before using a pitchfork for more than a casual bench press tool and there’s lots of claims about classic that people make that turn out to be false. Like the guy who claimed a mob was unfearable, but he was just using curse of recklessness on it and somehow there were a ton of people fooled by it.

He shouldn’t be able to dispel IMP CS. AFAIK all silences are considered physical debuffs, and thus cannot be dispelled.

100% right.

There are more types of people who try to defend it though. Mostly due to ignorance. Others enjoy the fact they can exploit spell batching to do things that were unintended by the game.

So you poly’d him off his mount. Then lost control of the fight? I’m so confused.

I get your point is that he shouldn’t be able to dispel something that your applying when he’s supposed to be a sheep. But still, it’s a level 53 that you were able to open poly on, and came to forum to complain about how hard it was to kill a 53 priest. Who you claim was healing, so you failed to counter his spam healing?

Was he perfectly mixing flash heals between your poly casts and was god tier out playing you?

More curious about your inability to effectively kill him, rather than his ability to self dispel your polys.

Correct. Or something dazed him I wasn’t really concerned at those moments.

There was no fight. It was a Priest running through the choke unfettered.

I came here to ask if it was normal that Polymorph and Imp CS could be dispelled by the player it was used on.

No. He dispelled everything. Imp CS, Ignite, Novas, Polys. Instead of being able to get a good cast off, we had to kill him with instants.

Please read before making post like this.

1 Like

Effectively kill. I shouldn’t need to explain the difference between “kill” and “effectively kill”.

You know your fireballs and scorch also do damage, you don’t need debuffs to apply to kill him.

You can’t cast if someone is out of range.

In case you didn’t know.

Thus usually a sheep or nova solves this problem.

So the slowest class in the game is out running a mage with blink?

Someone is salty.

He died, but again Priest can bubble, heal, probably use a pot, idk dude was a tank.

Usually the first to start flaming with the term salt is most salty. I’m glad you did finally kill the level 53 priest.

Moving on.

We can only hope.

I think you miss the point of the entire post that the priest was either exploiting something or on a whole other level of play field.

As a Fire mage w/ 450 fire damage I usually Counterspell casters running into groups, you know because of a thing called AoE.

When that doesn’t work I can try fire blast. Too bad that doesn’t kill him in one shot as much as mages are overpowered.

So I try to slow him, utilize that Fire Mage burst and kill him before he can do anything. Make them stand in range for me to cast off a fireball or two and get a 2k+ crit while their silenced or just follow it up w/ another fire spell in that spell batch that should finish a level 53 easy.

Ignites dispelled, he’s healing.

Still doesn’t work.

Do you understand?

If I see a druid acting derpy in a bg I’ll try and sheep it. Some still don’t know they can shift out, others forget and sit in it for a solid 5-10s. It’s silly.

2 Likes

People don’t realize that polymorph works as a pseudo stun.

Even if it breaks instantly it can stop a cast, turn the character, stops them in their tracks, etc.

And if a Druid isn’t in form, you bet I’m still casting a sheep to mess up their grove. Just a second delay is still beneficial on my end.