Priest Self Dispelling Sheep Instantly

This. The player provided himself a counter, now it’s your move. Your counter shouldn’t be to cry to the forums.

I’m not sure either. You can batch polly with a sapper though.

Spell batching and leeway are the reasons a dead mob can hit you. Spell batching and leeway are the reasons a CC’d mob can land a hit 200 yds away. Spell batching and leeway are the reasons a mob in my ice trap can land a hit.

Spell batching and leeway are the reasons two rogues in stealth, rogue seen for half a sec, cheap shot rogue, lose stealth, they don’t lose stealth, they don’t get stunned by cheap shot.

As someone pointed out this is like intentionally lagging out the server to create a 2004 experience. And yes, trusting Blizzard to create PERSISTENT, artificial lag was foolish. The people who actually know Blizzard did not support this.

2 Likes

Yes, but the sapper isn’t dependent upon poly being on a target to be activated. Dispel checks for a negative debuff before it even goes off.

5 Likes

You do realize that the game has never existed in a state without leeway, right? It still exists in retail and the formula is still the same. Leeway is another thing that is functioning correctly on Classic.

The only thing that changed over the years was hitboxes being normalized.

While the cast for intimidation is instant, it still requires a “next successful melee hit” from your pet. It’s possible your pet is chasing the mob that you have aggro on and hasn’t had a chance to hit it yet. That wouldn’t be a spell batching issue.

LOL. No.

h ttps://i.redd.it/nsijjqdd3q331.jpg

Not at all the same. But feel free to trot out video from BFA that shows all this happening.

2 Likes

Hasn’t had a chance to hit yet . . .

The range is 100 yds. The cast is instant. This also happens when the mob hasn’t moved away from the pet. Also:

Leeway formula:

Melee attack: MAX(5, SourceCombatReach + TargetCombatReach + 4/3) + IfSourceAndTargetAreRunning(8/3)
Ranged attack: SourceCombatReach + TargetCombatReach + AttackRange + IfSourceAndTargetAreRunning(2)
AoE: TargetCombatReach + AttackRadius + IfSourceIsRunning(2)

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/318876-warlords-of-draenor-theorycraft-discussion/

Here’s a video from TBC (warcraftmovies) that shows Tauren hitboxes WITHOUT leeway active:

Bonus, AoE leeway on retail:

i like it when i bear charge a warrior at the same time they charge me and we end up where each other started and u have a root on urself for 3 sec.

also love my heals going off on dead bodies

I like how i can easily fake every CS

I like how 99% of mages still use sheep on druids

i love how broken and easy it is to win at wpvp as a druid.

i got off track what we talking about

Working as intended. They even cited for example, two mages sheeping one another at the same time, to illustrate how it’d work. Dispel hitting at the same time is no different.

2 Likes

From the mouth of Blizzard: “While we never really eliminated spell batching in WoW, we did change how (and how often) we process batches of actions coming from players, so you’re less likely to notice that processing in today’s game. We’ve been working to ensure that in WoW Classic, the gameplay of activating spells and effects will not differ from the experience of playing original WoW.”

“For WoW Classic, we’re moving spell casts to a low-priority loop that will cause them to be processed at the frequency that best fits how the game actually played in version 1.12.”

They’ve tried to recreate latency and lag to match 2004 isp’s and computers. That’s it in a nutshell. It’s artificial and PERSISTENT lag and nothing like current wow. They’ve even said as much.

Its also not possible if the mages have imp counterspell. His dispell even batched will only get 2 magic effects. Any coordination by the mages on casting and he is silenced or sheeped. I dont believe that 4 mages were bad enough to space out their casts making this possible.

Or at least, its hard to believe.

Uhhh, didn’t the conversation move on to leeway?

Wait, do you think leeway and spell batching are one and the same? I’m a little confused here.

How does a level 53 dwarf priest have enough mana to do anything against 4-5 mages, unless the mages are in a coma and he has help you don’t see. The Priest would not have enough mana to do what you are claiming. Even with a bot, he would be limited by mana.

However leeway is not the same. Leeway does not work on snared targets in retail. And there is this that shows leeway in Vanilla and leeway in Classic - this range is currently live in Classic:

h ttps://i.redd.it/nsijjqdd3q331.jpg

How about an add on that sees you getting targets d and helps preempt dispel?

Sounds like you just dont understand how to play your own class. Intimidation isnt instant. You’re welcome

1 Like

We eventually killed him, when he went oom.

He would have some things still on him, but polys, novas, and Imp CS weren’t sticking.

If you killed him when he went oom, then it is working as intended. What exactly are you complaining about?

It’s an instant cast. I understand how it works.