Priest Mage Tower - Dragonflight

Has anyone completed the challenge as Holy or Disc?

Any tips?

There are some guides on YT but nothing really updated for DF.

Edit: Whelp just 2 shot it on disc. That was nothing compared to guardian druid lol

Holy’s harder than disc, but it’s not super hard if you’re used to healing.

Disc is a pretty easy fight, but it’s a war of attrition because it’s super long fighting the same guy.

Hi i havent done mage tower since the legion weapons, is there any cost to enter? Thanks

No cost to enter.

I did Healing as a Mistweaver, surely it can work as holy. I just healed myself through the fixate lol

I did the Disc mage tower. It was annoying and frustrating, as you have to shield/fear through fel burst, which can feel RNGing when it randomly kills you from 100% through a shield, even though no mob is dead…

It took me many more tries to get through Disc than it did for Guardian, Elemental Shaman, or Mistweaver, but it wasn’t bad. Just frustrating.

I finished it today on a holy priest, it is doable and shackle and chastise with stun effect are your friends.

I remember trying the mage tower on holy when it first came out and holy moly it was the hardest healer challenge by far. I’ll have to give it a try with all the new talents and stuff we got.

1 Like

I like that the challenges have you utilize, in theory, all of your spec’s skills. BUT I tried both holy and shadow and ended up deciding to do the shadow one. As a holy main.

The first thing that got me in the holy challenge was one of your party members immediately getting one shot immediately. And then reading that a large part of the holy challenge was shackle, which I’ve done maybe a handful of times.

It’s gonna be a challenge, yes. I just decided I’d rather go dps. And in case you’re wondering, the shadow one is one long kite party. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I just did the holy priest mage tower. It was definitely one of the hardest when it first came out.

First phase was the hardest phase for me, but once you get the timings for when to stun, fear, shackle, it’s less chaotic. After getting through that, the other phases were cake comparatively. It felt like the MC’d NPCs used to do more damage to each other during ghost wave phase in the final room, but they didn’t seem to need as much healing this time around.

Power Word: Life and Serenity make healing the ghost waves on the 2nd to last phase easy. Chastise stun works on final boss to delay his leaps if you need. Also take extended angel form in case you run out of real estate. The NPCs can finish off the boss even after you die.

I ran out of room when the last boss was around 35% health. I just dotted him and focused on keeping myself above 50% and used pw:s as necessary when I needed to heal npcs after a jump. You don’t even need clean floor to not die, just don’t give up.

Your own personal sanity, depending on which Mage tower you are doing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just stood in the Green and healed myself during the last boss lol

I just finished the challenge on Holy and its significantly toned down compared to last year. It only took me 2 tries and last year it took me 100+ tries just to get through the 1st part.