Priest, Druid, or Mage for caster/healer

If I want to play both, which is the best class? Which is the most in demand?

I always play druid or priest. I rolled priest for SOM. Priest are like the Jordan of vanilla wow healing, anything you can do, I can do better.

But don’t listen to my jive talk bro

Roll mage because this is SOD. How often do you get to heal as a mage?

Old and busted

Or

New hotness

2 Likes

Druid will probably be your best all-arounder to experience the most content, depending on the roles you want to fill. Druid heals are fantastic in dungeons/raids. Feral tanking is in a great place right now, and feral DPS is kind of mid but acceptable. Boomie is great for soloing, pretty solid in PvP, and helpful in raids (but you won’t be very competitive on the charts if that’s what you want).

Priest is another strong contender. Priest heals are always needed in dungeons/raids. Shadow is strong in questing/PvP and is often very useful in raid scenarios as well. No priest tanking though (pulling aggro doesn’t count).

Mage is more limited in scope. Much better raid DPS and fantastic AoE than the other two classes. Mage healing is acceptable but more supplementary to the stronger healing classes. Can go from great solo capabilities (frost control and some arcane sustain) to difficult soloing (fire).

1 Like

druid or priest.
I don’t say mage because I don’t play them but it is an option. if you want to farm gold like a mage like in ZF a priest can do it just fine with mind sear. druids are just really strong healers and priests have a massive amount of tools for most jobs you throw at it.

1 Like

Good point. I should mention the grind. I have not healed much as a mage, but AOE grinding is one of my favorite things in wow. It is oddly pleasurable and a very addictive art. Reminds me fly fishing.

There is nothing more satisfying than AOE grinding on a mage.

1 Like

Meta for caster/healer is priest. But the most important thing is playstyle. Play the playstyle you like the most.

1 Like

Yeah I have little experience with any of the specs. I’ve played feral and have very limited experience with priest and resto. Never played mage. That’s why I made this thread to try to break the tie. I almost always play melee and I’m choosing caster to mix it up. I’ve played holy paladin a lot as well. And resto shaman to some extent.

Which of the 3 has the easiest time getting grps as caster dps?

I play in a guild so I do very little pugging outside of like leveling raids. But for dungeons I would assume Mage for dps. I have not done ST in a pug.

think again: Priest Tanking . SoD guide by Caperfin - Phase 3. Tanking Priest

whispers don’t do this