Priest changes to Shadow Word Death

Priest has shadowfiend for free, and dispersion rune for infinite mana. Expect more nerfs to spriest

3 Likes

I would be okay with it being an execute, but at the same time I would be okay with it staying the same if it went back to 100% damage taken and also tackle on “This damage ignores absorption effects on the player” so it goes through their PWS. :dracthyr_hehe_animated: :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

High risk, high reward!

It should be usable at all times, but only deal full damage at or below 20-25%. It can deal 50-75% reduced damage to targets above that health threshold. That way you can still use it to death fear/blind/poly etc. I do believe it used to function this way (or at least close to this way) at some point in retail’s history.

1 Like

Castable at all times but reflect should be 150%.

1 Like

Did i miss the link for the Nerfs? Anyone mind dropping a link or tl;dr ?

Try to be less butthurt lol.

2 Likes

Fits the spriest/void concept better than a reflect that does less than the total whole.

what they should do is prevent you from using SW:D at all unless the target is 20% health or lower. it’s an execute.

unless you want to allow warriors to use execute at any % and just take a health hit as penalty if you don’t die? lol

Warlocks last hitting mobs with shadowburn fail to see what the problem is.

1 Like

Nah.

Sure, just make it do reduced damage over the execute threshold like I proposed with sw:d.

Blizz won’t do that because that would be changing a baseline classic spell. The reason changes can be made to death is because it is a rune.

that nonsense went out the window ages ago. they can just add a secret weakaura to adjust baseline skills. they already did it with shadowform.

You would see someone who plays a DK comment like that right.

But everyone is hitting like they are using an execute!

1 Like

Naw its a much needed nerf for an instant cast…

The fact that its an excute doesn’t excuse it to excute someone at 40-50% health
Now post nerf you have to use SWD at 15-20% health
just means you have to play different then rely on it to half someone’s health

I see no problem with it

Once again you’re only looking at it in the eyes of PvP. They should make it do full dmg at 25% life.

Not really… what the heck? everything in the game has health values… if a mob as 1000 health and you do 500 to it thats 50%
101 math dude
If youre really upset that you have to do an extra 30% damage before killing it with SWD cuz now it does 20% from the example 50% then I got bad news for you kiddo

The problem is every class has instants that are going to burn the mob down before Shadow Word Death can get the kill shot for spirit tap. It pretty much makes the ability pretty worthless. It doing full dmg below 25% health would keep it viable for last hitting mobs for spirit tap.

All the classes that have an instant that was overtuned got nerfed already

Outside of death and excute and maybe shadow burn there’s not a single class with a finisher like that…
Death was always known to be a excute button on the rare occasions to be a button to get out cc

The fact that it nows requires a lower health pool to “excute” someone doesn’t make it a bad spell now… like idk what you’re argument is
You’re worried about spirit tap yet you’ll still spirit tap regardless if you death at 20% or 25%
Like I don’t get it

It doesn’t require a lower health pool lol. It’s a hard nerf to the dmg no matter what. I think you’re confused or didn’t read the notes.