Preventing a rog cap as a guardian

So, I’m having a bit of trouble with rogues capping when I’m solo defending in RBGs. It’s very embarrassing, but I’m trying to improve.

-I sit stealthed about 20-25 yards from the flag so i can moonfire when someone tries capping, delay them with roots, etc.

-I do occasionally have an issue with a rogue popping his smoke around it then trying to cap, but i can still easily get in with my dash and stop him so that part isn’t an issue for me.

-Now, I usually get hit by a blind in this situation. If i trinket it they vanish and sap, then cap. If I don’t they cap.

Now I know there’s a workaround here that I’m missing, so I’m asking for advice on what to do.

Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback.

Being away from the flag is a start. If they smoke bomb the flag kitty dash to the flag and use incapacitating roar. It will take you out of stealth and put you in bear. Step two is having brambles talented. If they stun you while you’re on the flag use barksin and you will pulse AoE damage preventing the cap and forcing them to fight you. Barksin can be activated while you’re stunned so it’s gg from there.

2 Likes

Thanks! thats extremely helpful!

No problem. Make sure and do not damage him after the incap because that will break the disorient and force him to trinket. Another thing is craft legacy of the sleeper. You can not be cc’ed during incarn and that’s plenty of time for help to arrive. Perfect for flag sitting and flag running.

1 Like

You can also sprint in and land a bash, and try to sprint out as far as u can until he trinkets and lands the blind on you. If you get sapp’d out at max MF range at that point they probably can’t cap before it ends and you get another MF off.

The further from the cap you can fight the rogue, the harder their choices are. If you get in the position of being blinded on the cap, it becomes a race to see if the rogue can vanish and sap before you can re stealth. That’s dangerous territory for you.

Do you call inc or let your team know a rogue is trying to steal flag?

With moonfire being instant damage and no travel time and smoke bomb lasting 5 seconds and capping takes 6 seconds, couldn’t he just wait til smoke bomb ends and moonfire from max range?

Is there a particular reason you sit nodes as guardian? Outside of flag carries and maybe spinning nodes on Seething Shore a boomy is more effective at pretty much everything, including sitting bases.
You have have the same healing, the same passive mitigation in bear form, much of the same active mitigation, you have far better damage output, you get to use Force of Nature to effectively shut down rogue caps while you’re CC’d.

You don’t need to use your dash if you’re 25 yards as you mention. You can get in close enough without concern of the cap timer. You’re also night fae. So get close to incap him and then Soulshape away to prevent the trinket/blind. He’ll either have to chase you to blind you, in which case he no longer has enough time to get back to the flag and cap, or he runs away or vanishes to restealth. You have the upper hand in both scenarios because you still have your trink but he no longer has bomb. It’s over for him.
But like I said about boomy, you could just drop Force of Nature on his smoke bomb and shut him down entirely anyway because he’ll have no play after that unless he tries to fight you, by which time backup should have arrived anyway because you should be calling it as soon as you see the rogue.

Also what JD said is true too.

Thanks to all for the advice.
I have many things to try out.

This might be true in a 1v1, but if they bring more than one (ie boom/rogue) you won’t survive nearly as long.

If they bring a boomy and rogue then you’re not going to survive regardless of spec. Just pray your backup arrives quick enough :pray:t2:

Idk what kind of guardians you fight. But they can live much much longer than a boomy in that situation.

Usually you can just wait out the smoke bomb while spamming moonfire in stealth. Unless they have 2 rogues, then the other rogue might chain a 2nd bomb.

The point is that neither are going to survive the rogue + boomy burst. Spec will be irrelevant.

Sure it will

Ive literally seen mages one shot guardian druids with 60k+ hp lol

Don’t listen to that troll. Only trolls play tank specs to honor feed the enemy team with their %100 percent damage debuff

You obviously don’t rbg. If so, what runs your flags.