Pretty upset with game glitch

If that’s the hill you’re going to die on, there’s the door. Things happen. Not everything is as simple as we like to believe they are and using the threat of unsubscribing will not get you anywhere. GMs are handed down rules that they must abide by in fixing things. If they say it’s not something they can do, it’s because they cannot. Whether by game design or because that is how they’ve been instructed to handle things. It’s not because the GMs want to sit back and cackle about how many players they’ve managed to ruin the days of.

I’m sorry it’s happened to you two like this. Instead, perhaps be happy your hubby got the reins, and you two can try again for your set. This particular forum, is Customer Support, not Customer Service. This forum is one for players to assist other players. It’s not one for feedback or trying to work around how a ticket was resolved, as there are no GMs, Devs or QA here. Our SFAs, while rad, are SFAs, and are limited to offering their advice and insight. So posting here really is kind of moot in wanting to rail against the system. If there is a change you’d like to see in how loot issues like this are handled, please post something constructively on the General Discussion forums or through the in-game suggestion tool so that the proper eyes are seeing what you have to offer.

4 Likes

Well I’m afraid you didn’t understand my problem at all, but it’s fine. Just let this thread die. I’m done trying to explain it because no one is actually understanding what my problem is.

I wouldn’t be all that upset if a GM had said they couldn’t do it because of x and y. I’m upset because I’ve been trying to explain to blizzard support for two days now that mounts are in fact tradeable in dungeons (I believe they have been for about 17 years) and they say mounts aren’t tradeable, which is false. And I’m in the 2 hour window - but they say I’m not even though I’ve explained to them that we can still trade the other loot we got from the dungeon to each other. I’m just venting. No one here has to do anything, anyways.

No, we understand you quite clearly. A glitch happened. It’s not as easy as you’d like to think is resolved when there are specific protocols in place in how they have to handle things.

And no, there are actually mounts that are not tradable by design. This one is, so far as I see, but that doesn’t cancel out that they were unable to comply with your request.

3 Likes

Yes Midnight is tradeable. We can’t trade due to a glitch.

Also I don’t know if they are able to comply with it or not, they haven’t said one way or the other because they don’t understand my request, because they are still insisting that mounts can’t be traded. Which is false - that is how I got Ashes of Alar, Mimiron’s Head, Pureblood Firehawk, the Old Kharazan mount etc etc etc. Anyways I’m done replying, have a good night.

I think the problem is that it was mailed to husband and thus made it illegible to be traded.

3 Likes

That’s what I figured, that since it was mailed it removed the tradable timer. But didn’t want to add my personal thoughts on that since I wasn’t a GM or someone who handles that part of things. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not all of them. I know the doggos mount in Antorus is indeed NOT tradable by design. It is just the one I remember. It is possible this one is indeed not tradable as well.

Midnight is tradeable, but not when soulbound. Unfortunately, the item being mailed bound it to the character it was mailed to. It’s unfortunate that it happened, and maybe there was a bug in not being able to pick it up in the first place, but it not being tradeable now is working as intended.

5 Likes

Unless they have changed it, Midnight has always been tradeable in Wow. I was hoping since it was a glitch (us being stuck in combat, and the loot literally disappearing), that Blizzard would help us out and give us the 2 hour trade window, or at least a reasonable explanation as to why they couldn’t. Instead they told us that no mount or battle pet is tradeable ever period, which again, isn’t true. That’s why I’m frustrated. If I had received a well reasoned reply from Blizzard as to why they wouldn’t fix this, I wouldn’t really be upset, but now I’ve lost multiple runs on Midnight (since I had other toons I could have run it, but I thought Blizzard would help us), and I’m worried about support in the future if my account were to get hacked or something, if this is the support I received for this issue.

Honestly - if a gm can’t reverse a simple glitch by extending a trade window, or giving me the mount, and taking it out of my husband’s bags as would have happened if the game hadn’t glitched out…what is the point of a GM? I’m not trying to be snarky - I just literally can’t think of another single reason to have them in the game if they can’t help for situations like this.

GM’s can only do what developers allow them to do, either by policy or by limitations of the tools they use.

This is like comparing night and day, to be honest.

In the case of an account compromise, Blizzard will do their best to recover anything lost however there is never a guarantee and it is very much time dependent - for example, if the compromise was detected soon after it happened, there is more chance of getting everything restored. It really depends on the internal logs. These aren’t kept forever due to the sheer amount of data. They’re purged eventually.

Bottom line is, there are simply things that GM’s can not help with.

3 Likes

Looking at the page for Midnight, it shows as bind on pickup. https://www.wowhead.com/item=142236/midnights-eternal-reins

I can totally understand feeling that way. At the end of the day, what you’re hoping for is beyond what a GM is allowed to do. They are not really there to fix or otherwise bypass existing systems that are in place.

As for what a GM can do, there’s a sticky in this forum that helps to outline what GMs are typically able to help with which I’ll link below too.

But when a player experiences a bug for which there’s a backup system in-place (mailing the item to the person who received it), then there isn’t much a GM is going to be able to do.

It’s unfortunate that it happened to you, but the mount is still available to be farmed too (one which I’ve yet to get myself!) so at least there’s that!

Spotlight on: Game Master Help

4 Likes

Thank you Perl. This was actually the response I was hoping for and is actually very helpful.

2 Likes

BoP or not, it’s tradeable.

You can’t put it on the AH, but you can trade it to eligible group members.

3 Likes

I get that. Didn’t know that but it was explained to me. I am sorry this glitch has messed things up for you, but as has been stated GMs can only work within the toolset and rules provided for them.

Yes…so does theSmoldering Egg of Millagazor (pureblood firehawk, and the Reins of the Astral Cloud Serpent, which my husband looted and gave to me). You can trade it to soemone else who ran the dungeon with you for 2 hours. Otherwise you could just buy these mounts on the auction house…

Exactly Eilis, that’s the issue, OP was never given the 2 hours.

Yes I understand that, it’s been stated several times. I was only trying to clear up the mistaken belief that Midnight is never tradeable first by the customer support, and the people on this forum. I think this thread has run its course now.

I know. I was responding to someone else commenting that the mount is BoP. I was pointing out to them that even though it’s BoP, it can still be traded to group members.

1 Like

yeah lol I was replying to Mastadon. The forums show replies weird