Preservation or HPaladin?

Greetings!

So I’m volunteering for my mythic group to roll heals again after my one friend wants to go DPS now instead and was looking at either Evoker or Paladin as class of choice.

Being a melee battle healer doesn’t really bother me since I prefer melee anyways. My only issue with this is I tunnel vision hard and die to easy boss mechanics.

My only issue with Evoker is how limited transmog can be and since we have a Shaman with us I don’t really feel like the team needs a Evoker.

I’m all for being a team player and just trying to figure out what’s the best outcome to push Mythics while still enjoying the class of choice I pick. The only other thing I’m not really wanting to go Evoker is how my wife is a Hunter so I feel like three classes that wear mail is a bit much…

Thanks!

Evoker does more hps and arguably has better utility. Unless the group needs a battle rez which paladins now give.

My friend plays a Blood DK so we got that part covered.

Personnaly prefer evoker for healin. But paly has great utilities like all blessings. I think the dispel is better too? Also better range to reach your hunter friend.
Also i think you can swap between range or melee for holy paly.

1 Like

Right now evoker is better in all content.

1 Like

I think I’ll give Evoker a go and if I just don’t like it as much as I thought I would I’ll switch over to Paladin.

Evoker is just awesome for healing, you wont regret. Every single spell is worth casting, and they synergize well. I mainly pvp but raid a little and it’s fun and fast. You have great mobility too you will not want a slower healer after that.
Learn the great combos such as casting verdant embrace just before dream breath. Play with stasis a lot. Personaly prefer bronze side over green side but both are great. Experiment!

Any tips far as healing goes or what addons I should look into? Right now using base UI with mouse over heals. Was looking into ElvUi but I wasn’t sure just yet.

Im odd, not really using addons apart from details. But you should use something to help you with dispels because you have 1 dispel that does everything except magic, and snother that does poison and magic

Evoker technically has 3 seperate dispells.

Are you talking about dream projection?

Tbh the more I look into. It just maybe a ui glitch that blizz needs to fix.

The talent tree has expunge as the top preserv pick, but than the spell is changed for no reason in out toolkit to be called naturalize. Same icon and everything. Only difference is it magic too.

Would be nice if they added a passive to say if you are preservation expunge is changed to naturalize and magic is added to it. For deva it does nor change.

Just to clear up confusion

Aww i see
Well its a bit the same for other classes. Like shaman purify at first doesnt remove curses but you can spec into removing them. Evoker has it automatic when they spec healer

Holy paladin for sure, I seriously regret investing the time I have in this absolute trash can of a class. Makes me want to quit the game.

Evoker healing is probably the most complete and reliable toolkit of any healer I’ve found. A LOT of your healing is AoE, Temporal Anomaly grants an absorb shield that is absurdly useful. Direct heals are good. I dislike the Echo change, but I understand why they did it.

I feel very confident, with my Evoker, in healing raid or 5-Man content

I read many complaints about nerfs for paly

You must not be playing it correct. I have literally never seen a hpaladin yet out perform an evoker in terms of hps or utility.

TA in raids does like 40-50% of my overall hps. It is insane.

I will say, as someone who plays a lot of healers I have the most trouble with holy pally, especially in pvp. You’ll be oom before a druid or evoker hits 60% mana.

Tbh Evoker doesn’t really ever oom in PvP, so can’t really compare anyone to us in that regard.