Prepatch is proof that you listen to wrong feedback

I’m doing no such thing, I’m simply stating (correctly) that there was a big argument about this a few months ago, and the griefer crowd kept insisting that there MUST NOT be an opt-out like having it be only in war mode.

1 Like

Okay? So we make it to where they can’t do so to anyone who doesn’t want it.

I know what this is all about. People want to be able to turn on Warmode and get the extra bonuses but don’t want to deal with the risks of being killed. Which negates the actual point of Warmode. Extra rewards was supposed to merely be an incentive and I think people forget that.

1 Like

What this is about, is a bunch of people wanting to be jerks and make others unhappy.

2 Likes

And that can be prevented. It seems you don’t think so, but what I’m suggesting accomplishes that, ideally.

1 Like

Oh, I think it could have. The thing is, your fellow “pro zombie invasion” players didn’t WANT it to be prevented.

They made it QUITE clear that their sole motivation was to make other players suffer, especially if they didn’t want to participate.

You need to direct your righteous fury at them.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-plague-event-is-fine-but-only-if-its-opt-in/609437

I’d like everyone to please go read this thread, where an opt-out was suggested, and all the zombie griefers shouted it down.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Except now they can’t even come close to doing that. Which is great! But there’s no point to throwing blame at them now. Because launch is in two weeks. And that’s why people are taking to the forums to complain that this pre-patch sucks. Because it doesn’t make a difference and we all have to pay for it.

I started a topic a few days ago about community toxicity and was essentially told that the community wasn’t toxic and in fact, it got reported as a troll thread.

I have been addressing the problem. No one wants to do anything about it.

1 Like

Read the thread I just posted.

The whole thing, please.

You want me to read 2500 posts?

Look, I believe you, and I agree with you. But the end is the same. People got their safe space and those of us who actually wanted something fun to do got boned.

2 Likes

Then you might want to rein in your compadres so they don’t act like such massive tools in the future.

Not my compadres, I already said this.

I also said I tried. You ignored that too.

Now you’re just picking a fight for no good reason.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/we-have-a-very-toxic-community-and-its-sad/714909

I won’t even ask you to read the whole thing because you’ll probably just say it wasn’t good enough or something.

1 Like

One groups wants players to play how ever they want

One group wants to force players to play the way they do

So you’re trolling the forums because you can’t grief in-game as much as you want to? Knock yourself out I guess, but why should we care about your time, or fun, or feelings, or whatever when you don’t care about ours? At best. It sounds more like you do care; you’re just not sufficiently amused unless you’re being a huge pest to everyone else. We’re paying $15/mo to play a game and entertain ourselves, not to entertain you at our own expense. If you can’t respect that, then that’s your problem.

It’s optional. It’s not even gone. You are literally upset that we can choose to opt out, when you can still opt in just fine. So what’s the problem? Do we not also deserve to get what we wanted and paid for?

Yet, if you’re seeing cities empty and I’m seeing them full, then isn’t that proof that you are clearly outnumbered on this? Shouldn’t that be worth something, when by definition, whatever happens, we all have to live with it? Wasn’t that the point of making it optional? You really think it was just to offend you? Is that what this is about? You’ve invested your ego in it for some reason?

Oh, and using War Mode to make the zombie invasion opt-in was literally my idea. You’re welcome.

4 Likes

I’m calling you all for your whole BS.

It being optional is the problem. The fact that a huge event such as this, that you have the choice to not be part of instead of being force to adapt to the world, and what is going on with the story.

Dying in a video game is not griefing. and if the event is set up for you to die over and over again. That is not griefing also, as the rules has been changed based off the world and what is going on. That is called a good rpg.

1 Like

Maybe make it opt-out, then? Right now it’s basically opt-in.

It’s OK to make the baseline something dangerous, annoying, awesome, etc, based on mindset. Then allow a player to opt out of that.

The baseline offered experience can be something extreme, while offering an opt out. That makes the game world factually dangerous and aggressive. Anyone opting out is choosing not to go with the actual event. The moment you change that, and make opting in the default? Then you’re admitting that nothing of import is actually happening.

Personally I’m not bothered by this. I’m bothered by the idea of taking it away just because the average person doesn’t want to opt out. Making it an opt out is better than making it an opt in, lore wise it matters.

1 Like

How can they opt out if in it’s original state it was going to be forced pvp ?

Oh wait maybe Blizz can give them an opt out by letting them turn off war mode .

To be honest I really don’t care either way I’m too busy gearing alts and if say this toon gets tagged in Org maybe I will play along or maybe not depending how bored I am but I’m not going to force my possible choice of doing it on someone else.

Is this in reply to me? If it is, I never… NEVER said I supported any griefing. In fact…

Let me be clear. I don’t support griefing. The idea I had was that people in Warmode could enjoy a full-on zombie invasion and everything it entails. People outside of Warmode would go about their business because the zombie invasion would be on ONLY IN WARMODE.

I really don’t get what I’m not communicating here.

I don’t agree on this point. It being optional would give everyone what they want, save for those who are out to make the game worse for others, because they can only gank people who chose to take the risk.

Your argument earlier talked about how it’s anti-MMORPG to allow certain people not to be affected by a worldwide event.

The problem is, WoW has established itself to have infinite timelines, some of which under that logic would not be having a zombie apocalypse right now.

So what I’m saying is that Warmode could be an instance where the zombie apocalypse is happening. The other mode would be one where it’s not.

And griefers would lose out on this because they’d be playing against people who chose to go into Warmode and therefore would have some idea that they take the risk of being killed and should be adequately prepared for it.

1 Like

Again. Not griefing. Players really need to learn what things mean before they say it.

I don’t like that in a short term event. That means that the world itself adapts to the players whims. Not the other way around.

Giving players the options to not be part of it, goes against the lore of our chars. Goes against the world setting itself, and is just bad design for a mmorpg. Having too many options can lead to bad game play elements, and takes away from the world.

1 Like

The world itself has infinite established timelines. Word of God in this case is that events may or may not happen as they do.

Except Blizzard has bucked that idea. Or did you miss Draenor where the orcs didn’t drink Mannoroth’s blood, Gul’dan got flung into our world?

You can’t cry foul with a concept that Word of God (or Blizzard in this case) says is a viable possibility.

Goes against the lore of YOUR char. You don’t know, nor do you dictate how other people play. Roleplaying 101. Unless you’re actually assuming your character is the faction’s champion, which most people don’t.

This is literally untrue with the advent of 9.0. Blizzard is presenting each of their expansions as a separate timeline now, for whatever reason. Unless you feel this new leveling experience has taken away from your experience as a player?

2 Likes