Prepatch aug 9th?!

Highly unlikely, they always patch on tuesday.

Patch, yes, launch pre-patch, no. TBC pre-patch was launched on a Thursday.

1 Like

when have they ever announced the end of the season in advance? Pretty much never. They could launch prepatch next week and announce the end of the arena season the day before, and it would be in par with the rest of their communication

That being said, I don’t think prepatch is coming that early. 2 week prepatch wouldn’t surprise me, blizzard have consistently disappointed for years and years now. All I’m saying is, don’t expect advanced notice for anything.

You guys are goofy. No, pre-patch is not coming out with literally 0 notice, without even being on PTR first.

No it wasn’t, it was launched early wednesday morning because of super extended maintenance.

They always do, but it’s not always two weeks.

Announcing a week before the season ends is absolutely unacceptable by any industry standard for a competitive pvp scene. Season 3 was particularly a joke, considering it was half the original season’s length, and literally nobody expected it to be cut that short, so it’s not like people were EXPECTING an end to the season that early.

Well see, blizzard has never really seemed to care about pvp at all anyway.

It’s pretty niche and retail already lost most of its arena players, so I guess they really don’t care at all.

right, but my point was, when someone said “prepatch can’t be coming, they haven’t announced the end of the season!” my response to that is “so what, they never announce the end of the season until way late”

if they announced prepatch then it would be plastered all over the forums and would drown out all the other stuff for at least a day or two

But they still always announce it before. They may announce them at the same time as well as a post season.

1 Like

Well, the new blue guy did say a pre-patch post would be forthcoming… at some point lol. Maybe they’re waiting to see if they screw up the realm consolidation

It will be Soon™

i rather have a clean wotlk instead of disgusting rushed prepatch. rly who gives a F about a prepatch. people care more about a prepatch thn the actual game itself( which is full of gamebreaking bug). but hey PrePatCh WheN

Yeah, they would never drop something on the populace without telling them. That would be like ninja implementing an XP buff in the middlem of the night after dropping one on retail.

Late or not they still announce it.

Rushed prepatch and smooth wotlk are not mutually exclusive…

It really would be nice for us F R E S H folks to know so we could plan out work/ect.

1 Like

Again, i didnt say they don’t announce it, i said they dont announce it in advance. Communication is important for the end of a competitive pvp season. Don’t simp for blizzard, they’re terrible in this department

in advance

phrase of advance

1. ahead in time.

“you need to book weeks in advance”

2 weeks is “in advance”, and has been the standard for YEARS