Prepatch aug 9th?!

Did they announce it?

Did you see an announcement? We have an extended maintenance window tomorrow which likely coincides perfectly with their realm consolidation plan.

It’s not prepatch - Shadowlands also has a 4-hour window scheduled.

2 Likes

The fact they plan to update the ptr with patches for events etc… going to be atleast another week.

2 Likes

The more they delay the prepatch the more I think we’re getting the sad 2 week prepatch instead of 4 weeks.

6 Likes

If he keeps vagueposting then fresh is DOA

2 Likes

That first update will hit PTR this week for sure, I suspect they’ll progress it fairly quickly unless there’s some unknown game-breaking bug discovered. TBC pre-patch PTR was only live for 10 days before it went live.

16th is unlikely, 23rd is a definite possibility.

theres no way its tomorrow with no notice for people or live servers notice/name reserve. Aug 16 or 23.

1 Like

To me 23rd would seem even quick at this point why I posted that. I would love to be wrong and it come on the 23rd

1 Like

they haven’t even announced an end to the current arena season, until the announce the arena season end the prepatch is not coming

1 Like

The arena season techinically can go until 1 week before wrath launches. Thats the end of bc.

with the incoming talent changes it would be a huge shake up to make to class balance mid season i don’t see that ever happening

Never say never with blizzard my friend

Imagine the riots if pre-patch ends up being 2 weeks, or they delay launch.

I imagine itll go a little something like yall lied to us blah blah and they’ll go we dont even like you who cares

5 Likes

Nostradamus, is that you?

2 Likes

Kekw no king

Not Pre-Patch.

It was literally announced via blue post that Classic realm consolidation would take place August 9.

I don’t suspect Pre-Patch to happen until at minimum a week after that.
Anyone else remember the “missing mail” bug they had to fix right after the Classic Era and TBC realms split? :wink:

This is going to sound a bit harsher than I intend it to, but I don’t want to spend an hour editing my “message tone” for people who are going to forget about my reply in 2 seconds anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do people not realize there has never been a 100% smooth transition after realm consolidations? There have been only a couple of expacs where those transitions have gone 95% smoothly in Retail. What makes you think with all the Wrath Classic #somechanges being implemented that we will have a smooth transition now and that Wrath Classic Pre-Patch will start with a “press of a button” without seeing what happens with people’s merged realms first? There’s no logic or respect in that assumption.

I think the majority of people know that the 9th isn’t prepatch even though they might wish it were

1 Like

There most definitely has, just not with blizzard.

i expect prepatch will be sept 14. so many broken classes on beta still which translates to prepatch broken classes.