Premeditation

• Premeditation has been redesigned – After entering Stealth, your next combo point generating ability generates full combo points.

Talk about a talent that has evolved over the years. This is nothing even close to the original talent.

3 Likes

Different, but with that change and cut to the chase going baseline, the openers will be nicer and refreshing snd will be nicer. Cheap shot, snd, start the rotation/opener and have snd going almost the whole fight.

For pvp it’s goings to be scary since all specs will have 2 vanishes. Openers going to hurt.

3 Likes

I like the talent. I just found it interesting how different is from the original. By original, I mean original vanilla / TBC version that reset all of our cool downs.

2 Likes

Im cool with it, felt good on alpha. Definitely having to make a choice routing to premeditation and first dance which was good depending on what you prefer. It needed to happen as well for a healthy way.

The changes felt pretty solid and some neat new combinations came up messing around with it for a few hours.

2 Likes

Other classes gained a crap ton of stuff too, it aint going to be a cake walk. Gremlins are already stirring the pot on the arena forums. we shared some more stuff, now Assassins can be happy and stop with the “but the others have x” posts. 6 sec subterfuge is pretty slick (shadowheart doesn’t apply during that in case there was any confusion as a side note) the 3% with leeching 5% def added up though which was cool.

2 Likes

You’re right, I saw that last night and that’s pretty insane. We essentially get 6 seconds of stealth slaps so it can be like an opener before the opener. And more breathing room for pvp flying to your targets to sap cheap cheap attack. I’ll like that on top of the other 2 mentioned changes. But honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if subterfuge gets a slight nerf in pvp but a lot of things can happen between now and prepatch

2 Likes

I remember that, it is interesting. You would think they would have just removed it and put a new ability in its place with a different name, but they keep this ability name and just keep redesigning it. Odd

1 Like

They nerfed vanish to compensate(1.5 down from 3sec) so def no reason to nerf us anymore. If people haven’t learned to stop a rogue by now especially with the visual updates I have been noting on alpha then dunmo what to tell them. Anti rogue propaganda has gotta stop. It is exhausting.

2 Likes

that would be preparation.

3 Likes

Yes. I remember now. I was confused. The joys of getting old.

Wasn’t Prep removed and replaced with Premed?

2 Likes

prep was removed in legion, premed changed from giving you 2 cp on demand to something else in legion. Then it got changed over the exps to what we have now.

1 Like

Premeditation as our panda friend said has just changed over the years. Preparation is here in a much smaller but more broad spectrum way through shadow dust which is good. The cultists in rh discord wanting to prune things can get bent. Im glad to be dynamic and thankful prep came back in a less extreme way. It is about time.

You’re not getting old, you can say you’re old when you reach 95 dude.

3 Likes

You’re thinking of preparation. Premed was a 2 minute → 20s cooldown that generated 2 combo points from stealth off gcd. Like a baby marked for death.

Edit: basically what everyone else said above.

As for prep being removed it got put on the shared talent tree in MoP, then returned basline for all rogues, temporarily removed in WoD then finally removed permanently in legion.

God i miss prep.

1 Like

Amen.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing: