Premades in Random BGs

Right I have been stuck against Premade after premade today. It makes me want to stop signing up for Battlegrounds altogether. Whats the point of joining when its 98% lose right from the start

Says the troll.

Warmer
warmer
on fire!!

Yo I’m gonna queue merc just to clap you.

2 Likes

Umm
what?

There is a point when catch up mechanics are implemented and getting the BIS conquest gear won’t take long if other expansions that used this system is a guideline.

Currently, there is no catch up mechanic (or mechanic at all) to get to BIS gear for nonrated players.

I’m not a fan of the current system, but it isn’t hard at all to get full 285 honor gear.

The MAX someone could be (who most likely won’t be in randoms) is 311 right now. Thats a 26 ilvl difference MAX which also requires someone to be 2100+ in something rated, which is not an easy feat (despite the arena forums claiming any idiot could do it).

MoP prideful season was 522 honor and 550 cq - thats a 28 ilvl difference.

Most players in random bgs will be somewhere between 285 - 300 right now (except for the fresh 60s, which just like fresh 90s back then got 1 shot).

Again, this system is stupid and I’m not defending it, but it’s rose-colored glasses that somehow we didn’t have big gear gaps in the other xpacs where gear was “equalized”.

Yes, but there was a path to BIS gear for everyone is all I’m saying. It really was the nonrated player’s fault (and not the system’s fault) if they were suffering from a significant gear disadvantage for too long in WoD, for example.

I think people are a lot more tolerant of a system with a gear gap that can be removed than one where the gear gap can’t be removed if they don’t want to do rated pvp or don’t do well in rated pvp.

On a side note, I don’t remember too much one shotting in WoD. IIRC TTK was generally longer but you could pretty easily 1vN people that you outgeared, yep.

Im almost never facing a 1v1 in bgs so I guess my gear gets canceled out

We don’t kink shame here.

I was wondering what language that was in.

1 Like

Java‎‎‎‎‎‎

It’s in C+++ but w/e

I’m mostly speaking about random BGs and Blizzard’s stance in the past that were very long and detailed about why they 1) Don’t like premades in randoms 2) Don’t like twinks with XP off in XP on BGs. Those were not my words but the words of past game developers on WoW that did their best to balance the game and not let gear decide this area of games but the skill. They meant not having someone dripping in BiS and BiS Enchants in non-level capped random BG’s. But they also touched on groups in level capped, breaking the spirit of why random BG’s were created.

I get it. Some players aren’t that good in PvP and are heavily out-gearing people leveling, so they feel like they’re rank 1 gladiators. Blizzard seems to have alienated any balancing act, and like I’ve said before, speaking of PvP, Blizzard designers couldn’t balance a 16-year-old’s checking account; balancing PvP is never going to happen. It’s not in the designer’s DNA. This dates back even when Tom Chilton was the PvP lead guru, PvP still suffered, and some classes and specs were total garbage (I’m talking all 3 of their specs).

Shadowlands PvP is trash. Hopefully DF will be more balanced.

1 Like

buddy battlemaster isn’t a troll and has a pretty even attitude towards casual vs hardcore (pug vs premade) desires and systems

fyi only bliz can solve premades vs pugs and it literally requires longer q times for the premades so bliz keeps caving because they don’t want to piss off the large block of players just playing with friends and being punished for it

you are right that there is a block of premades griefing and there are a block of premades that are literally trying to churn honor as fast as possible but also a lot of players just grouping with friends sometimes on voice and sometimes not

some casual groups of friends who are low rated will group up and face a ton of premades because they q’d as one, and have a pretty negative experience because of it

it is not all evil or anything, and this is the main pvp complaint (plus class balance) in xpacs where gearing isn’t such a source of pain

i just wish if a pug faced a premade they could bail without penalty with a mercy rule or something once the score or kills landslide - let the premade have their win and the pug wastes as little time as possible

2 Likes

This was the only relevant part of you post. And this is what my main point is. When someone is replying over and over trying to manipulate what the issue is, like “getting gear” which is a weak strawman
that’s trolling. Then, they come out after post after post of trying to get a reaction, and arguing what the issue is (that’s been made clear), then that’s trolling. I’m not playing those petty little head games because some mouthbreather has self esteem issues.

Troll elsewhere, and I suggest to not get into discussions if you have to ask the person what griefing is when griefing is the subject.

Grow up and quit trying to get some reaction out of someone.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call an irony troll.

Elaborate on how it is.

Snowcrest is one of those players that believes they are godly at whatever game they play and attacks grammar when he’s proven wrong lol

Unfortunately for him hes proven hes just another average pvper in this game

1 Like