Premades in random and epic bg's need to end

Why … I cap it all the time . You get a nice turtle by doing that. And if the others in the team don’t like me doing that , they can boot me out.

Trolling isn’t they’re doing bg objectives and they’re not doing what your premade raid (which shouldn’t even be there) wants them to do.

1 Like

You get a nice turtle from not capping snowfall. I’d rather the defenders/attackers die and respawn at either cave or the GY in the hub. Rezzing at Snowfall puts you too far away from the action.

1 Like

Wrong . They are sabotaging the game. Taking Docks at the wrong time in IOC is not an objective but sabotage .

1 Like

Leaving Snowfall in hands of alliance means that some of them willl rezz behind the horde army of death and escape . :sweat_smile:

1 Like

First, I do remember the CS forum post that I believe you are referring to which was made when a bunch of people got banned in classic for allegedly being AFK in AV but for a lot of them, they were legitimately just defending a bunker or whatever. The blue said that if the majority of the BG doesn’t want to defend and wants to go offense that they can report you and have you removed. Personally I think that a CS forum blue doesn’t know the first thing about PvP and that answer is extremely suspect.

I do think there is a difference between a majority of a pug game disagreeing with what you are doing an the majority of a premade that had to queue sync and bypass queue restrictions to get in the same game doing it. I really don’t think anyone should be beholden to the egos of these epic BG queue sync leaders or their “strats” in what is supposed to be random PvP with groups no bigger than 5. Insta kicking someone because your whole raid reports them is a lot different than a group of 5 reporting them and nothing happening, yeah?

I did find a CC post about the issue that links to several blue posts and has a dev post in it, if you’d like to read. I think the post you are referring to is linked in the OP somewhere:

2 Likes

Love it when Alliance takes snowfall, unless I’m on alliance. Then I hate it. By the time Alliance start rezzing at snowfall in significant numbers then the DB towers are already on the way down. If the horde has already taken the bridge chokepoint, then it’s basically game over. 10 or so guys can hold that bridge well enough to stall long enough for the offense to get a head start.

It’s a long ride to Either Drek or Vann from Snowfall, especially in a BG where 5 seconds can be the difference between a win or a loss.

It’s honestly personal preference, and there are plenty of strategies for and against it. I just prefer that those that have died spawn and harass the large group of horde/alliance who are waiting around at the hub. You don’t need to go and kill the whole group. Just the tank.

If someone if repeatedly capping docks to troll sure, but just because they do it once doesn’t mean they are trolling. A lot of people think they are doing good by taking it. Just like running bombs is not a great thing to do, but it’s not a reportable offense just because the team rather they be somewhere else.

Literally no way to know if pugs are reporting you or a synced group is if they use discord to sync in the first place .

And the blue post I am referring to is a different one . It’s from maybe couple of years back , 2020 or 2021. It literally said tht BG’s are team games and if the team does not like what you are doing they can boot you .

You have to be able to prove its intentional. How do yoi know its not just a new player who doesnt know what they’re doing?

1 Like

When you do it 3-4 times after being told in chat not to do it , you know it’s intentional

1 Like

Sometimes sure, but language barriers also exist, and some peope dont have chat open.

Its a very fine line to prove its intentional sabotage. A good example, the other day in Wintergrasp O, dude was spamming cluck quest, i have no issue with that, and i love to shared a good cluck quest every now and then (but i dont spam it).

Dude just AFK’D in our base spamming the quest, and straight up said “im only here for 60 more honor. Dont let me down.” Then said “bye” and afk’d out when he got it.

That was very clearly intentional sabotage, so we reported him.

Yeah, that sounds very unlikely. Few if any of us know each other outside the game, that’s asking a lot. I can’t imagine being told by some goober to merc heals and then desert. Then run with scissors in traffic next to a cliff.

4 Likes

Because we say things in raid like hey don’t cap docks it gives them fresh glaive respawns, or don’t shroud at SR, it prevents flag capping. They do it anyways.

You’re reporting people for trying to have their own fun. It’s one thing if a player is afking or feeding kills to the enemy team. That’s gameplay sabotage.

However it’s another thing if they don’t want to follow your strat and think what they’re doing will be more beneficial or if that’s how they want to have fun. That’s not gameplay sabotage.

You shouldn’t be falsely reporting people AFK for wanting to do their own thing. At the end of the day, battlegrounds are meant to be fun. It’s not all about winning sometimes for some people.

Go do rated PvP if you want to win so bad and tell people what to do.

2 Likes

Spies were notorious in WoD and Ashran.

We’re not saying they are afk, but that’s where gameplay sabotage is in the menu of options. If people push north when we call for IBT, fine, get the gy, get in the bunkers. But don’t sit in the base complaining and/or doing nothing the whole game. Most of the time those who zerg get killed anyhow and we just say itodaso.

Maybe but unless you have a logical explanation for why a double digit amount of healers would desert immediately after the gate opening, I’m all ears.

And this type of stuff happened frequently in Ashran when it was current because it was such a viable way to gear up fast.

Like I said, I and others entered right after all of those healers left. And again, they left immediately after the gates opened. That makes no sense whatsoever.

And I really doubt these premade leaders would EVER admit it happens or that they do it. That’s a sure way to suspension.

Unless someone is feeding the team kills on purpose to end the game quicker or is sitting there actually afking not doing anything, then it’s gameplay sabotage.

People not listening to your instructions or specific strategy isn’t gameplay sabotage. So, if regardless whether afk was the only thing under gameplay sabotage or not, if you’re booting people for simply not listening to you, you’re falsely reporting them.

1 Like

Gameplay sabatage is someone grabbing the flag in warsong, holding it till someone is about to cap on enemy team, walking into the enemy team and dropping it

Not when someone has instance chat off because they don’t want to deal with ragers in /i

People don’t have to listen to your strategy

If they want to have fun and kill people because that’s how they win most of their games, they’re allowed to do so

2 Likes