Premade Raid Groups needs fixed!

Brief story to why this needs fixed. So got tired of getting declined in the premade raid finder. So I decided to make my own group. It started to pick up fast. I never ran a raid so I passed the lead, we cleared Gnarl, everything good… until I get kicked. So between getting declined and getting kicked from my own group I’m left with nothing.

I’m not sure why this function works differently from LFR. My suggestion is to make a queue that will put you into a raid group that needs your item level for their group. There is already a option for guild and friends, so elitist can still do whatever they do. How is anyone supposed to get anywhere if gatekeepers keep booting and rejecting you? I pay just like everyone else I DESERVE to have access to things within my ability and item level, and so does anyone this happens to. You shouldn’t have to join a guild to complete endgame raid. Joining a guild should make it easier, but not required. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Rule 101 of making your own group… DO NOT under any circumstances pass lead to someone else.

You can give them assist but yeah just don’t do that.

19 Likes

You can tell the tank to lead without giving them raid lead.

Because it’s not an auto queue.

That’s like asking for M+ to be auto queue.

When you make a raid group, don’t pass lead. And keep in mind, DPS are a dime a dozen. And every Warrior, Paladin and DK want the new raid. So you’re definitely going to have issues getting into a group. Especially at 463 ilevel.

2 Likes

You got kicked because you’re undergeared and doing less damage than the tank.

5 Likes

Not undergeared, Im over the recommendation given in the Raid finder. Were you even in my group?

Eh… not to be rude, but from the logs of the raid you were in, you were below quite a few people. Including a tank. I mean, you weren’t the only one, but to say you’re not undergeared for heroic raiding wouldn’t be telling the truth. We all have access to your logs, so there’s no point linking them here.

The only advice I would offer is to start a bit lower - perhaps doing normal first, and possibly dipping your toes into some lower end mythic+ to start stock piling on some gear :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Lesson learned lol

1 Like

You never ran a raid. They don’t know that. Why did you volunteer to give him that information ?

You are the raid leader. You built the group.

You did not handle yourself well. Take this on the chin and set up next raid.

we need more raid leaders like you, who actually care.

Also next time dont type a lot. Just stay quiet. Again, you are the leader.

Whoever says anything else. Is giving you wrong advice !

Where are these logs at? Also it recommended a item level of 446 for heroic and 459 for mythic, which I am above both. So one of two things is happening here. Either the recommendation is total crap, and Blizzard needs to fix it. Or I’m geared for the dungeon and performing lower due to others having a much higher item level. We cleared the first boss, I didn’t die, so obviously my dps was not a problem. Something needs adjusted for sure.

What recommended this?

These are the ilevels that drop in Amirdrassil:

• LFR - 441-450
  • Normal - 454-463
  • Heroic - 467-476
  • Mythic - 480-489
1 Like

Your logs are from warcraftlogs.com. Type in your name and the logs are right there.

You weren’t performing lower due to others having a higher item level. Your parses are based on others who perform in the same item level as you. You parsed gray, a really super low gray, which means you did poorly when compared to other 463 fury warriors. The boss may have died, but many other group members were hard carrying. It’s not being mean, it’s just the hard facts :frowning:

I would recommend perhaps looking up rotation guides and/or addons.

3 Likes

When you start group in Dungeons and Raids, in the Premade Groups section you can select a item level you can request for your group. The preset for heroic starts at 446.

Also my current items need Wyrms Dreaming crest to upgrade, which drop in heroic raid. If the items that drop in heroic are 467, I would need those as well to increase my gear. So if my weapon is a 463 maxed out, wouldn’t it be reasonable to say I would need to complete Heroic to progress to Mythic?

That works for carrying people but I posted the ilevels that drop to give you a better idea of what you should walk in the door with.

Run M+?

1 Like

Can you answer my other paragraph and not just two sentences from my post?

1 Like

I answered your question. Run M+. Or get crafted items. You can get Wyrm Crests from the Vault vendor.

Wouldn’t the M+11 (which is where those crest drop) be just as gear demanding as the heroic raid I’m trying to run? Basically what it sounds like is a few things. First the Premade group needs updating for accuracy and clarity. Second I need to look up possibly what im doing wrong, talents or rotations.

So the theme of this thread remains the same. Fix the premade raid. Also by making it more like the auto queue it would lessen the massive amount of incomplete groups, and allow those with the requirements to join enjoy the experience they pay for.

Nothing is being outlined and shown to be broken with the premade raid group system.

Not necessarily. Try WoW Made Easy. You should be able to get into some chill groups to run those.

Nothing needs fixed.

I thought I made a few valid points.

*Change the style of premade group to a queue to help minimize the amount of incomplete groups. So instead of having 28+ open groups, it would form those into 12 or less functional raids. Which saves time for everyone to play more of the game and raid more.

*Fix the item requirement for each tier of raid to the exact gear level they need to function in the raid. This will eliminate confusion about your Item level when applying to a raid.

This is more complicated than you think. Cant wait to see a 100% melee raid. And as such, queue content is only for content you are expected to easily succeed in. No-fail content. At some point difficulty means you can fail. Which means it cant be queue content.

There is not an exact gear level needed to function in the raid. There is no gear level where you will function by default.

1 Like