Prejudice against survival hunter

What I think is ironic is a lot of the people that have come up with the fallacy of the old range surv was hardly played compared to the melee version don’t get is . If people played the range version less then they do now, would surv still even be a playable spec today.

3 Likes

This take would make sense in a period accurate 100% historical warfare game. But it doesn’t hold much water in the heavymetal fantasy album cover that is Warcraft. I mean there’s crystal spaceships with world killing laser beams, doomsday plagues that are lethal to the living and the undead. And… oh yeah, magic. No one should ever be fighting face to face with swords and bows but we still do.

The hunters who don’t wanna be melee have a solution - BM and MM.

But the person I quoted was talking about Human history and in Human history once a better option was discovered we went with that.

1 Like

Man, that’s a really simplistic view that serves only to hurt hunters as a whole. I would recommend reading the rest of my various posts that explain why this is a terrible “solution”.

4 Likes

In pvp melee surv would be way better if not for pet rez time.

Incorrect. Arcane has been the biggest red-headed step specs.

No, make it a tank class

except all of this is wrong. ranged survival had its identity revolving around magic arrows and dots, and it was the most used hunter spec, and one of the most used ranged specs, for multiple expansions.

if hunters wanted to be melee then they’d have rolled something other than hunter, like a rogue or warrior.

8 Likes

the funny thing is a majority of the spec in ranged already

bombs? 40 yard range

serpent string? 40 yard range

kill command? 50 yards

the only things not ranged is curve, raptor/mongoose, and muzzle.

they literally could make aspect of the eagle a permanent talent choice effect and make our interrupt ranged. and i dont think having people jump in and out of melee to curve for aoe would be too widely hated

or even just have it be a baseline passive and depending on what weapon you equip effects the range on raptor/mongoose. (like they used to have for fury SM/TG, Monk, and DK’s)

1 Like

So what solutions do Mages or locks have to be melee or rogues to be range ?

If you go none of them want that well neither did hunters until they made surv melee and most of those were people that were playing melee specs to begin with and only a small % of surv hunters stayed . Most either went to BM/MM or just flat out changed classes because of it.

Then again why should you care if players get things taken away that they like . It’s how your class came into existence .

Ion : We don’t want you tp play demonology

Locks : Why ?

Ion : We are making a new class called Demon Huntards and we are stealling some of your core abilities to give to them.

4 Likes

Ranged rogues don’t make sense. The whole fantasy rogue thing has never been ranged. Yes some use bows but its more a temporary type thing before they go into melee to finish the job. The actual act of pure ranged fighting is a ranger or hunter thing which we already have. And mages being melee? Are you not familiar with the mage fantasy trope? They are not melee. Your thinking of “battlemages” which aren’t the same thing…and we have battle mages…aka enhancement shaman rework in SL.

Well making survival into melee didn’t make sense either. It was only done for 2 reasons to create spec locking that has become the norm since Legion and because so many people were playing range survival.

We are not asking for Msurv to go away but we should not be told no to wanting a 4th spec to bring back a well beloved spec by other players .Especially by those that got their class by having the spec of another class being gutted.

4 Likes

I did find something interesting. Survival is top points in mythic 7. Maybe that’s the level of gameplay for most players? So they choose not to buff the spec because of it. Def sucks if your trying to get ksm though.

1 Like

People that spout this nonsense are they very same people giving the spec a bad rap.

Hunters themselves are the real problem. The non-stop crying that 2 ranged specs arent enough is getting old. Its been 7 years…ranged survival is never coming back, nor should it.

Having a melee spec adds more dimension to the class than a 3rd ranged spec ever could.

2 Likes

… It has been 5 years.

2 Likes

Its still never coming back and you should get on with your life. 5+ years is a very long time to be holding on to something you’ll never see again.

1 Like

Big yikes here. I argue for what I think is best for the class in my free time without wanting to get rid of MSV. So, sorry for enjoying my hobby?

1 Like

ok so when are warlocks and mages getting affliction and fire removed to make room for a melee spec? or when are rogue getting assassination removed to make room for a ranged spec? we gotta give those classes some unique dimension now that they just have 3 dps choices which are all the same thing right?

3 Likes

OP: They want you to reroll fire mage.

1 Like