Prejudice against survival hunter

Except it doesn’t

Where the LnL interaction with Explosive shot? Where’s black arrow? Where’s base serpent sting and serpent spread? Where’s the full mobility?

rSV was a more dot based hunter spec, dots and traps, and that’s what i loved about it.

WTB classic cata and mop

8 Likes

My BM hunter got an awesome spear that procced EPIC that you would love. : - /

The two themes and playstyles are conflicting and forcing SV into MM limits both MM talent choices and old SV player choices. Blizz also already tried that in Legion and failed spectacularly.

To be clear, I understand a 4th spec is unlikely. I still believe that to be the best solution to a problem Blizz themselves created.

4 Likes

Maybe you missed the part where he said “every expansion.” His complaint is that the same 3-4 specs shouldn’t be on the bottom all the time.

From what I’ve read on the other Forums a lot of MM hunters would be glad to get the SV stuff back out of their spec too. (Not only did they ruin the class for those that Like RSV but messed it up for a lot MM hunters too.)

5 Likes

Yep, that was part of the point I was making. MM is meant to be this sniper with controlled burst windows.

SV was a munitions expert / arcane archer that used DOTs and procs for fast paced reactive gameplay.

The two do not match up well together and appeal to two distinct different themes. SV being stuck in MM is an absurd notion, when really it shouldn’t have been deleted in the first place.

7 Likes

Blizzard when designing legion:

“remember that meme from hunters back in vanilla? That they were melee? Let’s make that our focus for survival!”

3 Likes

Well Ion has said that Demo lock is bad because they don’t want people to play it. So shouldn’t we believe the same with SV hunter?

3 Likes

I still like legion as an expansion, but god it removed my 2 favorite specs.

2 Likes

I legitimately wouldn’t be surprised if they have it planned for another rework down the road.

It got back to back reworks, all of its legendaries are recycled azerite powers, it got zero changes going into SL, and has been left to wither at the bottom despite Blizz having to know it needs buffs right now.

It seriously wouldn’t surprise me if the reason it’s getting zero attention again is because they plan to drastically change it again. Whether it stays melee, ranged, or whatever is anyone’s guess.

2 Likes

They can’t like that their legion baby is the least played spec across the board, in a class that has historically been the most played class.

5 Likes

I mean, it was entirely predictable. We have one ranged weapon focused class. They removed one of the only three specs that even used them. BM focuses more on the pets which leaves the fantasy of being an archer (never mind the various kinds of archers) left to be fulfilled solely by MM. In exchange we got a confused melee spec that thematically is confused despite the stated reasoning for SV being removed was because it was supposedly too similar to MM.

Like, I don’t want other people to go through that. But the reasoning behind the rework to begin with was absurd.

6 Likes

but they weren’t :slight_smile: take Survival Hunter for example, it was the top hunter spec in WoD, Legion and BFA, all the world top arena hunters played survival…

hell, even I mained a survival hunter back during WoD because it was stupidly broken.

I wasn’t agreeing with the OP, I was just clarifying as your response seemed to misunderstand his issue.

didnt misunderstand anything, rather pointed out how wrong he is and how flawed his logic is in thinking that it’s possible for there not to be a bottom 3-4 specs as that’s not possible with ranking charts.

Dude, his issue is that the same 3-4 specs are at the bottom ALL THE TIME. Do the same 3-4 specs have to be at the bottom EVERY TIME? Of course someone has to be at the bottom, but it doesn’t have to be the same specs EVERY TIME. Are you getting the difference here?

2 Likes

What I think is ironic is a lot of the people that have come up with the fallacy of the old range surv was hardly played compared to the melee version don’t get is . If people played the range version less then they do now, would surv still even be a playable spec today.

3 Likes

This take would make sense in a period accurate 100% historical warfare game. But it doesn’t hold much water in the heavymetal fantasy album cover that is Warcraft. I mean there’s crystal spaceships with world killing laser beams, doomsday plagues that are lethal to the living and the undead. And… oh yeah, magic. No one should ever be fighting face to face with swords and bows but we still do.

The hunters who don’t wanna be melee have a solution - BM and MM.

But the person I quoted was talking about Human history and in Human history once a better option was discovered we went with that.

1 Like