Preemptive classic era WoW token thread

I’ll leave too, and so will a lot of other people.

I left Classic Wrath because Blizzard made it too much like Retail now they mess with Classic Era? +1 Guys you told us these would be classic servers.

2 Likes

I’ll buy a token to offset your departure.

I might even buy two.

This new Blizzard entertainment is destroying their old IP out of spite I feel like at this point. They cannot stand seeing work they didn’t create succeed as much as it is. So they did this!

4 Likes

No.
It’s calculated but not to spite you.
You just happen to not like it which doesn’t concern them. They believe that they are “saving” this version of the game with their actions.

The other guy is right. I think they resent how successful old Blizzard was and how beloved the old game is.

I think there is spite. But it’s directed at the people who originally made these games. Modern Blizz looks at those people with contempt, despite the fact they only have jobs because of the amazing games those that came before them made.

I firmly believe that. The Classic Team especially have zero passion for the old WoW. It really seems like they’re trapped on this project, trying to get out. The way they blatantly lie to the playerbase is actually amazing. Maybe Classic is where Blizz puts the dregs, because they certainly seem completely incompetent.

1 Like

I don’t believe that this Classic team has changed much in their administration of this project. It appears to me that from the beginning when “some changes” was their stated aim that they were determined to leave their mark on the game. Again not because of spite because the game was good but perhaps a bit of vanity that they could make it better.

My opinion is that they did not succeed with their improvements but that view is pretty subjective. If you intend to stay and play (I believe you said you may check out hardcore) I hope you can enjoy it. If not, best wishes to you wherever your gaming takes you.

I’d be done, too. Which sucks because my guild has BWL on farm now and I reckon we’ll be moving into AQ40 in just a matter of time.

If the WoW token was added to Era, it would have to be 100,000g to be competitive with the gold buying.

Era is swipe nation.

1 Like

Consider playing on realms that aren’t free transfer destinations. The culture is quite different.

People openly buy gold on era. A token wouldn’t change anything. Lmfao cope

K, now do that every month.
Also do it for everybody else that quits because of it.

2 Likes

i will.

ciao, bella.

What cluster… I may or may not know someone who would love to be part of a cluster that is adamantly against GDKP.

It’s the 5-realm ‘PvP East 1’ cluster. It holds Benediction, Faerlina, Heartseeker, Incendius, and Netherwind. I don’t want to give any false impressions: we are a tiny community with our guildies making up the bulk of the Horde Faction. Currently our raid roster is able to clear AQ20 and ZG. The gear level and game experience is a bit all over the place. Some are still first-time levelers with greens/blues, never entered a Classic raid. A small few have complete P6 BiS and then the largest portion of us are a hodge-podge inbetween with some ranking gear.

Most trades are done through either guild chat or a discord message. The AH is, for the most part, used as instant-mail between cities for our buddies. It a close-knit group of fine people. If interested, feel free to check us out in-game. There’s usually someone online that can lend a hand or answer your questions.

1 Like

Yes, they will.

No… they won’t.

When they do finally put the token in (because GDKP payouts per raid are now pushing over a thousand dollars USD every week) the token will fundamentally change the game by 0% of how it’s played now. The gold is now bought by blizzard instead of G2G. The game is changes absolutely 0%. And they’ll still buy from bots anyways.

Era is just what everyone is doing on wrath but it’s vanilla instead. The payouts will only go up overtime. Imagine being able to make 1k usd IRL money from gdkps. Once a week. In 2-3 hours.

Btw I am not advocating for token and I think it is stupid and I hate it. I’m just giving you an unbiased standpoint

I kind of agree with you. I feel like most people who would have quit by now already have. Anyone still here apparently is willing to put up with Blizzard’s complete indifference to bots and the rampant gold selling going on. However, I do think Classic Era’s playerbase might be a little different from Wrath Classic. Era might have a fair amount of players who actually enjoy the game and don’t want to see it corrupted. But that’s hard to gauge. Maybe the players there just want to buy gold and buy gear too.

The token actually increases illegal gold selling, btw. It’s now even more profitable to buy gold from a 3rd party site and just use a small chunk of that to pay for your sub. That saves players real life dollars. This notion that it stops or even curbs illegal gold buying is a complete lie by Blizz.

1 Like

Then the solution is to change the way the game is played by seriously cracking down on all forms of gold buying with permanent bans.

1 Like

Good suggestion!

Now all it takes is blizzard doing that

Don’t hold your breath