Predicting the outrage of Vulpera

Just preparing for when Vulpera eventually get added as a Horde allied race.

And The Alliance players who want them lost their collective crap.

And The Horde players who don’t want them berate the ones who do want them.

11 Likes

I couldn’t care less tbh.

29 Likes

Well it is going to a very furry horde soon…

:fox_face:

6 Likes

Is this meta drama or meta-meta drama?

10 Likes

I’m a soothsayer predicting the future of the forums.

I just don’t get why Alliance would think they would get them.

50 Likes

I for one welcome our foxy overlords and will gladly make a Vulpera and call it my new main.

For the foxes… :fox_face:

14 Likes

maybe I just haven’t been paying close enough attention, but I think most alliance players know we’re not getting them.

now then, where are my sethrak?

28 Likes

I can’t wait. It’ll be so much fun. I’d love to level one.

5 Likes

You know I’ve never understood why Alliance players think that they will be getting the Sethrak. For one their race has just the one gender model, which is generally sign of a race not being playable. Secondly the Faithless are antagonist towards everyone. Third the Devoted, the friendly Sethrak, work with the Vulpera and the Horde against the Faithless with no issues.

9 Likes

Any Alliance players who want them haven’t been paying attention to the game

The rage is going to be from people who want Sethrak and we end up with Mechagnomes

26 Likes

because if horde get vulpera then it’s pretty much either sethrak of mechagnomes for alliance, and I refuse to believe blizz would give us something as terrible as mechagnomes.

3 Likes

Right? It’s like the Alliance just expect races to ally with them because they’re the glorious Alliance. The Sethrak have next to no ties with the Alliance while the Horde saved their loa god and killed their primary enemies.

6 Likes

There’s never been anything tying them to our faction. From the very beginning they’re been working with the Horde exclusively. We shouldn’t want them.

10 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. After all if I had to choose between playing a Sethrak or a Mechagnome, I would go with the Sethrak.

2 Likes

We already have a bunch of Tauren though. These are really just tiny Tauren. With claws. And tails. And alpacas.

9 Likes

Yeah, this time around Blizzard was careful not to encourage alliance to go through a long questline with vulpera, get to know several of their main NPCs, and get our rep with them to exalted so that they could then swear allegiance to the Banshee Queen and start trying to kill us.

Yes, I still have a grudge about nightborne. But it’s good that Blizzard learned from it.

You realize we’re talking about the Alliance here, right? That’s like saying “I refuse to believe blizz would give us nothing but horses for ALL our faction rep mounts”.

I don’t think anyone is going to get any allied races until after Sylvanas is gone (however that ends up happening). Nisha and Neri agreeing to join Sylvanas after everything that has happened this expansion makes even less sense than Mayla and Thalyssra agreeing to join Sylvanas in Legion – EVERYONE has to be wondering if they’re going to be the next Baine, and why walk into that if you don’t have to? Or worse, if their own hometown is going to be the next Teldrassil.

And they obviously can’t give the Alliance any more allied races while denying them to the Horde.

Of course, the fact that the “end of the war campaign” (whatever that turns out to mean) is coming out next week reinforces that. It’s hard to believe that the encrypted content could be hiding an entire set of allied races.

Eventually, I hope for vulpera + kelfin for horde, ankoan + ??? for alliance. Mechagnomes do seem like the most likely possibility.

4 Likes

The allied races have all been sub-races. I don’t get why people think suddenly we’re going to get anything but sub-races. The only candidates right now are the gilgoblins and mechagnomes.

Have reasonable expectations is all I’d advise.

10 Likes

I’ll be surprised if they add them. They’re not overly important to the lore, they’re found in one whole zone in the game, I dunno. They’re not even like the end point of that zone.

We didn’t end up getting Taunka, or Wolvar, or Tuskar. Nor the Jinyu or Hozen.

Hell, Arakkoa have entire zones dedicated to them- still not playable.

Best shot is that they had the models all data mined, but still, I doubt it.

My bet’s on mechagnomes for alliance, gilgobs for horde (sorry horde) and no new full race added.

And if they do add vulpera, that would mean sethrak for the opposing faction. Snek people seem more appealing to me tbh.

A piratey vulpera does look dashing…

2 Likes

I’ll take the vulpera over fkin elves any day! At least vulpera are monsters like the rest of the horde races.

5 Likes