Preach's stance on flying and pathfinder

Being able to skip the entire world is pretty immersion breaking

1 Like

Except flying doesn’t skip the world. Flying gets you to content.

2 Likes

If you can fly over the world, terrain, any danger, other players that is indeed skipping the whole world

You are really arguing flight isn’t a skip button? That’s the only reason why people want it😂

Please link this Preach video.

Personally I’m fine with skipping some world content on the ground after I’ve experienced it many times over in the last year.

2 Likes

I’m not even sure why I’m responding to you:

It’s ok bud you will stop being so mad eventually :joy:

Mad? Not at all. Just exposing you for what you are.

You seem very angry😂

Is that your go to response now? Can’t provoke with the flying stance so you just go straight to “u mad bro?” It’s cute and predictable.

2 Likes

Maybe if you wouldn’t get so mad at a game people wouldn’t think these things about you

I’m sorry if I upset you I did not mean it

Voicing an opinion about disliking something doesn’t mean that person is angry. When you grow up and enter the real world you may learn that lesson one day.

2 Likes

Ur rage will subside one day and you will know what it feels like to be rage free

It’s a great time

Have a nice day.

says you, not me

Says a lot of people but you pro flying people think you are some vast majority

You arent

I never said im pro flying

I never said pro flying is the vast majority

I never said a lot of people don’t feel the same as you

but make more assumptions, you know what they say about people that assume …

since you just assume things ill rephrase more succinctly

Immersion is subjective.

2 Likes

A few counterpoints here:

1.) That we can fly in reality (i.e. on a commercial airplane) does not somehow make the world seem less real or less immersive. Yes, it’s weird to get on a plane while it’s snowing in Michigan and get off the plane in 70 degree weather in Las Vegas. But that doesn’t somehow un-immerse me from life or negate the reality that flying is actually a thing and weather is different in different places. I like to be able to fly. Should we just drive everywhere to make life more “immersive”?

2.) Not sure flying is “skip the entire world” but rather a matter of seeing it from a different point of view. You are just using hyperbole here and thus you are not really making a valid arguement.

===

On the other hand, I agree that some degree of experiencing a zone “on the ground” is reasonable to enforce. I think a much more limited form of “Pathfinder” or some other mechanism to ground people until the exploration and main storyline questing of a zone is complete would be reasonable.

However, Pathfinder as it is instituted now is likely more of a cash grab and MAU extender than a real feature designed from the perspective of actually enhancing player experience.

Given that Blizzard has removed so many other elements of immersion from the game, it makes my point more obvious, at least to me.

4 Likes

Same here!

Let me see where you got your stats from.

2 Likes