Pre wod subterfuge for sub rogue

Do not understand I was mocking the situation?

Were you only pretending to be uninformed? Gee, I mistook it for the real thing.

6 Likes

I can’t wait for the new PvP video, “Chryous 7: Preparation before even opening” to drop

4 Likes

That ability was removed in Legion.

Thanks for clarifying, I really haven’t kept up with the changes to our class :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

We know. :^)

I still have the space where it’d be on my bars empty.

6 Likes

Yeah, I have a lot of empty spaces on my bars where once great and iconic Rogue abilities used to reside. It’s heartbreaking.

6 Likes

You know it’s horrible when you have more buttons in the base version of a game IE Classic Wow.

6 Likes

Still waiting to see if the space where my gouge used to be will be filled back up again

5 Likes

you know how sad that makes me, that an ability we learned in vanilla at level 6 is no longer in game because “LOL LETS PRUNE GOUGE!”

IMO all because first we eliminated the combo point generation from gouge, then then put the combo points on the rogue.

Take away both of those, and bring back also redirect then there is a choice to be made on how you use redirect, gouge, and all your kit. Doing so 100% eliminates willy nilly Arena 1,2,3 gouge, and kidney on CD just because you can step kidney. Instead you gotta think about it, set that up with your team and the opposing team can counter play it because they know what is potential.

^ Main reason why I am still 100% opposed to the Chi like flavor of the new rogue. In essence it exponentially increased our CC potential and that was justification in the eyes of Blizzard to nerf our class. I know that people dont tend to see it that way, but I do. Especially after Blizzard pruned the dickens out of all the other classes in WoD, and we basically got MOAR CC because Chi instead of combo points. That’s why Combat went from mid back PVP on a good day to god mode, its why Mutilate went from bottom tier in Mists to strong in WoD also, all because we got Chi in place of real combo points.

1 Like

It is not just the CC potential but the ability to switch targets quickly to do damage which impacts PVE and PVP balancing.

That combo point change in Legion has had a cascading effect on the rest of Rogue design since then and the devs don’t know how to deal with it IMVHO.

I suspect that they don’t want to go back to the old system because that is admitting the original rogue is a superior design.

3 Likes

This is a terrible design philosophy that’s no longer relevant in modern WoW. In classic this might have been acceptable, where PvE was trivial and largely a means to an end. Now we have M+, raids with increasingly AoE-centric fights, presumably Torghast as well. Even the open world has you engaging multiple enemies on a regular basis.

I don’t want to level and gear multiple classes/specs through all the time-gated rental power crap just so I can competitively participate in all the content WoW offers. This is particularly important in M+, where you have rotating affixes and features specific to each dungeon. I don’t want my chosen spec to be completely garbage for some raid fight, affix, or dungeon yet practically mandatory for others.

This is why developers removed stuff like Shuriken Combo and budgeted damage out of Dots for Aff/Spriest/Balance. You end up with large power imbalances that forces content designed around these imbalances.

No one is saying there needs to be perfect parity or classes can’t have some unique strengths. I don’t know what “disastrous side effects” you’re even talking about. DFA hitting too hard in PvP? There’s easy solutions to problems like this, which I’ve suggested elsewhere. You could also return Crimson Tempest for sub and even buff its damage with zero side effects for PvPers.

Your post basically boils down to self-interested “I don’t play this type of content therefore some classes shouldn’t have AoE”.

Imagine they added arena to Classic without any attempt to balance the existing classes. Now imagine certain classes crush everyone else (War/Pal/Priest/Lock? IDK it’s been a long time). People complain but they get told “you’re playing an open-world 1v1 spec - play a warrior if you want to do arena.” Does that sound like quality class design?

Lastly, pointless hand-wringing over some supposed “spec identity” is why we’re in this position to begin with. Some developer(s) got it in their head that this is what so-and-so spec should really be about and you end with some forced theme or niche that no one ever asked for to begin with.

Not every class build should be good at every bit of content. Doing so was a mistake.

That whole bring the player not the class hasn’t worked, wow pve has never been balanced, and players will continue to Re roll the best spec of the best classes and stack because it’s what players do.

Blizzard intentionally buffs and nerfs classes so that this happens, it’s so that they can retain player engagement, it’s why leveling is cake, and also a component of making lots of money on character boosts.

There is literally zero wrong with a class doing truly absurd single target DPS and almost or entirely lacking any kind of AE, because in reality it doesn’t matter at all when alleged “balance” has never and will never existed because blizzard makes sure it will never ever get close to balanced. Blizzard hasn’t attempted PVE balance since WoD went live because boosts + intentional imbalance and flavor of the month = cubic dollars.

3 Likes

Easy fix. If you get knocked out it gets completely canceled just like when you drop a flare on a rogue (cancels subterfuge completely). If the rogue initiates the opener tho they get the benefit of it.